Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the EX-RES (with the 9" screen) have any method of hooking up an external video source, such as video game, or similar via RCA Composite?

Honda Canada's website is terribly confusing and unclear.

·
Banned
728 Posts
We also have an EX RES model. The manual is confusing as well. I have succeeded in connecting an iPod Touch to the AUX Video input located in the 3rd row. I selected AUX Video as the source and it played, but the AUX Audio was "Grayed out" in the rear source selections on the MID so I wasn't able to get audio through wired headsets connected to the 3rd row access. I'd like to get this working as we use noise cancelling headphones for our daughter to watch video while travelling and we have a complete library of children's programming on the iPod Touch.

We are using a proper Apple cable (to RCA Composite Jacks) and this cable works with a normal TV so I'm pretty sure the interface isn't the problem. If anyone figures this out - please post.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We also have an EX RES model. The manual is confusing as well. I have succeeded in connecting an iPod Touch to the AUX Video input located in the 3rd row.
Thanks for the info.

So you're saying that in the EX-RES, there *IS* a RCA yellow input? That's a relief because I can put a ton of stuff one either an iPod or o!play media player device.

·
Banned
728 Posts
Thanks for the info.

So you're saying that in the EX-RES, there *IS* a RCA yellow input? That's a relief because I can put a ton of stuff one either an iPod or o!play media player device.
In Canada, the EX RES has an RCA Composite Input for Video and Audio in the 3rd row. There is also an AC plug in that location as well. I believe the US model has the same equipment in this trim level.

If you try and insert an AC plug into the receptacle, note that you insert the plug prongs slightly and then rotate your plug head (along with the receptacle) until the inner plug receptacle slots are exposed and the plug will slid in all the way. I guess this is a safety feature to keep kids fingers out of the receptacle. I didn't notice it in the dark though and got a bit frustrated until I got a flash light and figured it out.

I still have't gotten the audio portion figured out yet though. Let us know if you do. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Moved to the audio video forum.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have't gotten the audio portion figured out yet though. Let us know if you do. :)
Just picked up the vehicle a few days ago, but haven't had the chance to play with it. I will give this a try and report back shortly....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts