Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the 2011 EX. When I use the Honda remote to lock the door, van light will not blink, no horn, no security light blink on the console. When I use the remote to unlock the door, light will blink to indicate unlock. Does that mean my EX has no alarm system come with it? Confused. Any comment? :huh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
According to the Honda site, the security system is standard on the EX as well.
Have you tried pressing the lock button twice?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i pushed twice within 5 seconds according to the user guide. yet still no light blinks nor horn nor light on the console blinks. very strange.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
They might have forgotten to put in the fuse to the security system in the PDI
perhaps.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I have a Canadian EX RES. When I press the lock button once, the parking lights flash once. When I press it twice in rapid succession the horn sounds. When I unlock, the lights flash. I assume the US version works the same, but best to check with your dealer.

·
Registered
687 Posts
On my touring model, through the MID, I have the ability to turn off the verification lights and horn when I lock the car. Do you have that ability on the EX?

:huh:

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
Is that a PDI item if the car comes with it as standard?
I am not sure about the security system but there have been several cases where dealers forgot to put in fuses for the RES, radio, NAV for the prior gens. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they missed one of yours.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will update after i go to the dealer this weekend. according to the user manuel, no instruction for ex to change the behavior. even i lock using the key, the security lihgt will not blink on the console panel. probably forgot the fuse. or maybe the technician removed everything when they remove the dealer security system before delivery. i will see. :nothappy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally get the dealer fixed this issue. Dealer found failed hood latch not completing the circuit. So replace the latch assembly make the security system work now.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Glad they fixed it, I wonder how things like this pass the PDI even when it is not expressly outlined if most of the Honda line-up does the same thing when locking/unlocking :rolleyes:...

Wait, let me change that, no, I don't wonder :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts