Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after many emails and letters to HOnda and designer they finally implemented a garbage bag in the minivan. I wrote letters to them complaining how such a large vehicle does not have a bag for kids to throw their trash in after eating back there. One letter back from Honda said, "we do not see reason to put garbage bags in a vehicle" finally a letter from a designer told me they have implemented in the 2011 model. One of my biggest complaints after picking up my 2nd gen odyssey was the garbage bag now they have it :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm with Honda on this one...I don't want a garbage bag in the van....

Is this a 45-gallon bag? Maybe a tall kitchen bag. In 2012, they'll put a trash compactor in there!

:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know what size bags to use? Are you all just using plastic grocery bags? Our state has a big push for recyclable bags (not that I can every seem to remember to bring mine in the store!), so I'm wondering what people use if not the plastic grocery bags....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Does anyone know what size bags to use? Are you all just using plastic grocery bags? Our state has a big push for recyclable bags (not that I can every seem to remember to bring mine in the store!), so I'm wondering what people use if not the plastic grocery bags....
I use bags for grocery. However, we do not use it with the built in garbage ring any more. When the ring is out, it takes up the space in the second row. It can thus block the movement of the kids as they go in and out of the van and take up leg room when a parent is sitting in the middle. As such, it can get kicked to be damage, and worst, to cause its contents to spill. We use the hook by the front passenger's leg so the parent has full control for garbage storage, and we empty the bag frequently at gas station.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It seems like a good idea to me... my husband just put a grocery bag in there. And yet the other day I caught my 8yo, who sits behind the driver, shoving candy wrappers under the baby's car seat to make them disappear.

I was like "Do you realize there is a garbage bag RIGHT THERE???"

It may take some getting used to. Not sure I have very high hopes with my crew though. :-D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts