Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H & R has come out with the lowering springs for the 2011 Odyssey, anyone bought them yet and installed them? how much did you pay for springs? how much did you pay for installation? pics? ride quality?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
by the way I love my NEW 2011, my wife drives it 95% of the time but I always have to customize my rides. I love this site thank you all

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know about the 2011, but I love the improved handling on H&R springs
on my 2006 EX RES.
I would do it on a 2011 without hesitating. I like the ride lower, and plenty of comfort
on an Odyssey to have stiffer springs, while curving and handling much better.
Also, lower means less air turbulance, so less drag, better fuel economy and quieter.
Price was around 270 or so (not too sure) from Tirerack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
H&R has posted springs on site but does not actually have available. if you call them they say its in R&D. I've been calling every month since May. I decided I couldn't wait anymore to lower my Van and put wheels on it. So I went old school with cutting rear and heating fronts. This is my out come so far. More to come.

Attachments

·
Banned
728 Posts
H&R has posted springs on site but does not actually have available. if you call them they say its in R&D. I've been calling every month since May. I decided I couldn't wait anymore to lower my Van and put wheels on it. So I went old school with cutting rear and heating fronts. This is my out come so far. More to come.
I'd save your cash and move.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looks great, but doesn't it bounce constantly?
I often see civics with that setup and I wouldn't tolerate that ride for more than a mile.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mugen

You are killing me with those pictures. It s insane. Beautiful ody. I did not realize that this can look that good. I am looking at 2011 or 12 ody. I don't think that i am brave enough to do 22. We do carry lot of weight in the back.

If i was looking at the back, it looks like 2008-11 maserati gran turismo black on black.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Damn, that is so sick. I have the same van and have been thinking about doing 22's on it. Not sure if I'm going to lower it or not, this makes me want to. I'm also trying to get my windows tinted. I's that 5% on the front two windows with an additional 20% on the rears? What brand tint did you go with? I've been kicking around either huper optic or 3m. I've always done 3m on all my other rides, all in 5%. I'm also going to do my windshield in a very light tint...ceramic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Edison_Chen
TSW Donington 22" x 9 "
Falken 265-30-22

PhilZj
Thanks. No Bounce when I lowered. I was surprised, back in the day when I did my CRX that way it bounced and ride was horrible. With the new wheels the ride got a little harder cause of less tire. I drive a lot probably 2000 to 2500 miles a month with wife and 3 kids

moonluv810
Stock shocks/struts. Probably replace when blown out if I haven't put air bags or maybe by then someone comes out with Coil Overs.

smilingowl
Thanks. You'll love the odyssey. I've had mine for about 5 months now a loving it more and more everyday. That's coming from someone who use to own a Intergra Type R and S2000. Totally different type of car. I did think I would do 22's but after seeing them I couldn't go smaller. I had to cut inside of rear fenders as it rubbed a little. If you can find 22x9 with a 40 to 45 offset or a 22x8.5 you might be able to get away without cutting or if you don't lower but I don't think it looked all that great with big wheels and still a big gap. I carry a lot of weight when I drive to. My load can have my wife, 2 young daughters and a 15 year son who plays travel hockey so his bag is heavy and his team mate and his goalie gear.

dsbmississippi
Thanks go with 22's and lower it. It looks so much better. Just look at what I said above about size/offset and fender. I don't remember tint % I just remember the back are the darkest they had and the front was the second to the lightest. I think it was 3M but can't say for sure. I just asked about the warranty and it was lifetime both material and labor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@MUGENT3T4 Nice whip man.....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Edison_Chen
TSW Donington 22" x 9 "
Falken 265-30-22

PhilZj
Thanks. No Bounce when I lowered. I was surprised, back in the day when I did my CRX that way it bounced and ride was horrible. With the new wheels the ride got a little harder cause of less tire. I drive a lot probably 2000 to 2500 miles a month with wife and 3 kids

moonluv810
Stock shocks/struts. Probably replace when blown out if I haven't put air bags or maybe by then someone comes out with Coil Overs.

smilingowl
Thanks. You'll love the odyssey. I've had mine for about 5 months now a loving it more and more everyday. That's coming from someone who use to own a Intergra Type R and S2000. Totally different type of car. I did think I would do 22's but after seeing them I couldn't go smaller. I had to cut inside of rear fenders as it rubbed a little. If you can find 22x9 with a 40 to 45 offset or a 22x8.5 you might be able to get away without cutting or if you don't lower but I don't think it looked all that great with big wheels and still a big gap. I carry a lot of weight when I drive to. My load can have my wife, 2 young daughters and a 15 year son who plays travel hockey so his bag is heavy and his team mate and his goalie gear.

dsbmississippi
Thanks go with 22's and lower it. It looks so much better. Just look at what I said above about size/offset and fender. I don't remember tint % I just remember the back are the darkest they had and the front was the second to the lightest. I think it was 3M but can't say for sure. I just asked about the warranty and it was lifetime both material and labor.
I'm glad to hear the rise wasnt too compromised. Again, good job giving the van some presence.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice!

I was going to go with a 20. now I see what a 22 looks like I may got his route.

Question: Will be living in NJ and wondered would lowing it effect the clearence once I put the OEM wheels back on in the winter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
?

Anyone get these H&R springs yet? i'm putting in the order today. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey what's going on guys.... new member here but been a member at siennachat since I do have a Sienna instead of the Ody... but its nice to see some Odysseys in their aftermarket state. Odyssey was definitely my second option but I went with the Sienna because they just gave me a better deal and felt just had more potential with fixing it up.... good job on the car mugent3t4...I would advise you though to get the H&R springs asap because cutting your springs will definitely shorten the life of your shocks because your shocks are not designed for the springs with that height which affects springs rates and such... on our side we're also working with a company down in LA who are coming up with a coilover set for the sienna... just to share some pics with you guys....

·
Registered
165 Posts
and here's my car lowered on the SE suspension running on 20x10.5 wheels...XXR 520's with 245 45 20 tires

and here's the infamous Bagged Sienna by 808 customs..... on word... SICK........

and my accord for fun... haha

1 - 20 of 35 Posts