Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iPhone USB issue

We have a 2011 Touring Elite, less than a month old, and we're loving it so far.

We have noticed an issue when we have an iPhone plugged into the USB port. If we're listening to music from the iPhone, then turn off the van, when we restart the van the music resumes from where we left off but shuts off after a few seconds. The only way to resolve the problem is to unplug the phone from the USB port and plug it back in. It appears that the iPhone is still playing the song even after the playback shuts off in the van, based upon the symbols on the phone. The phone is plugged in the whole time when these events occur, meaning we don't unplug the phone when we turn off the van.

I haven't found any other threads about this particular issue and was wondering if anyone else has had a similar occurrence. We using an iPhone 4 with the latest firmware.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It must be just for an iphone, because I too have the Elite, but I don't have any issues with my ipod touch. Its always plugged in and sits in the glovebox.

Let us know what you find out...interesting to know what could cause it.

Possibly see if you can use a friend's iphone and test it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've tried both my iPhone and my wife's, both are iPhone 4's. I haven't sat down and tried to replicate the issue with each phone in a controlled manner, but once I do I'll put up an update.

We have a collection of older iPods, including a shuffle, 3rd and 4th generation, all of which aren't compatible with the Odyssey's USB link. I'd love to have one plugged into the USB and in the glovebox permanently, too. The 15GB HDD is worthless since you have to burn an audio CD from iTunes and then import -- a slow process. I'm thinking I'll try to sell/trade-in the old iPods for a new nano in order to have the ideal set up. Keeping the phone plugged into the USB is annoying since we're usually taking the phone out of the van.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've noticed the same thing happen on My '11 Odyssey EX-L & my iPhone 4. The audio is completely muted but the dash controls seems fine. The iphone still shows as connected, i can cycle through all the other audio sources (which will play fine) but the only way to get the audio actually playing is if we disconnect and reconnect. I was going to bring it up to my Svc Advisor when I go in for my first oil change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts