Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please see this 5 seconds video. you can hear i clearly. happens mostly at low speeds or a stop.
struts were just completely replaced (did not fix issue), I am sure it is not TSB 11-038, which is related to strut assembly which I just put new one in.
I thought maybe it is control arm, but that doesn't move when at a stop and doesn't look too bad. happens also a low speeds randomly.
it feels like a spring being released or something when you move it.
I suspect something in steering, but otherwise steering is fine. you can hear it clearly inside the car, but you can't hear it very good when putting ear by the front wheel.
any ideas appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no. f*** OEM struts TBH. they had massive problems known as 11-038 TB which Honda never properly addressed and charged 150$ for a temporary fix which lasted 1 year or so. even the 2015 model somebody in my family has - exactly same issue.
one of the reasons this will be my last Honda. I installed Monroe strut complete assemblies.
but the problem isn't the struts here. I had it with the old/broken OEM ones too (+the 11-038 problem). bringing it in on Friday to local mechanic, see what they find.

Did you use OEM struts? Top mounts and everything are new?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts