Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having studied my new Ody's owner's manual, I was unable to find a clear maintenance schedule as to what miles you do what. Most everything refers to the "Maintenance Minder." Page 612 does have a list of the things to do but only categorized by Maintenance Minder symbols...not milage. That being said and at the risk of posting my first new thread in the wrong place, I have found a schedule on All Data that seems to fairly well describe at what milage you do what on the 2011 model. I think if you click on it, it'll be big enough to read. Not vouching for it's accuracy:

Ody maint pg1_rs.jpg Ody maint pg2_rs.jpg

Dave

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks Dave. I noticed the same thing when I went looking in the manual for the service schedule, and came up empty. The MM is the guide of all guides, although it tells us nothing really about what needs to get inspected/replaced at what interval. All Data is a great tool, uinfortunately, us mortals don't have ready access. Yes, it is readable, and given the fact that it is printed, at least it is something to bounce off the Honda service people when in for servicing. I am a bit concerned whether we can potentially find ourselves up against a warranty denial (whether basic b to b coverage from Honda or HondaCare extended warranties that so many have) if we somehow miss something that we haven't done out of ingorance of the scheduled maintenance that needs to be performed. Anyone else have the same concern?

·
Super Moderator
13,861 Posts
MM is NOT new guys. Just stick to it. There are hoards of posts on the Mainenance Minder in the 3rd gen forum as it was new with that gen. General consensus is to stick with it and just do tranny changes at 30K or more frequent intervals but feel free to search and read up on the MM system. All old posts on that are very relevant to you 4th guys. Don't be afraid of stepping out of the 2011+ forum. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
We've got 32K miles on our '11. So far the MM has triggered 3 times: A1, B1 and A123. This (roughly) equates to oil changes every 10K; oil filter every 20K; air filter, cabin filter and ATF every 30K based on our driving habits.

I've read that coolant should be good to 60K. Plugs should go to 100K (although I had one foul over the weekend), which should also coincide with the timing belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts