Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go ahead and flame me because I couldn't find it in a search but....

Is anyone else disappointed with the "real time traffic" not being "real time"? My navi will show traffic incidents and, when I drive through that area, there is absolutely no sign of anything happening. On the other hand, there have been times where there is an accident with 2-3 police cars and nothing shows up on my incident report.

Does anyone know how frequently the "real time" traffic gets refreshed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i agree with you on this one. i don't even bother looking at it cause it's never right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Is anyone else disappointed with the "real time traffic" not being "real time"?
I actually have been pretty impressed with the FM traffic service here in the DC area. IIRC, the car pulls updates every 20 minutes, so if you add that to the amount of time it takes for cleared incidents to get updated (it isn't as if someone is sitting at every accident texting the FM traffic service when lanes are opened), or average speed of a road increases (which average could be sampled every 15 - 20 minutes), there is an intrinsic delay.

FM traffic is no replacement for news/traffic radio station, but it isn't a bad tool. Even google maps shut down their predicting travel times recently as it was wildly inaccurate.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I didn't pay attention to incidents, but traffic speeds are way off in Tampa. Actually it almost never shows the highway speeds. Every few miles I might get a short segment and that's it.
My other car has/had XM traffic, and the speeds on highways were much better. Incidents were really delayed and lingered on the screen far too long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts