Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks better than the last one, I really like the new Nissan Infiniti dashes lately.

Nissan releases more 2011 Quest minivan teasers

Nissan dropped the first teaser image of the 2011 Quest minivan just before this year's New York Auto Show, and now we're seeing more shadowy angles of the new minivan, including the interior. Toyota's new "Swagger Wagon" is already off to a good start, and Honda's angular new Odyssey will be hitting the road later this year, so the minivan segment is starting to get pretty competitive once again.

From these teasers, we see a shapely new nose and a very upright rear greenhouse that gives the illusion of wrapping all the way around the D-pillar (sort of like what Nissan has done on the Cube). Nothing too outrageous has been done to the interior, but we expect overall refinement to be substantially better than what we've seen in previous Quests, and the usual host of cubbies and cup holders will surely be on hand.

The 2011 Quest will make its official public debut at this December's Los Angeles Auto Show, and those of you who are salivating at the thought of a new Nissan van can stay up to date on the newly launched Quest microsite. In the meantime, check out the gallery below to see the latest teasers, and follow the jump to read Nissan's (very short) press release.

See Pics Here

·
Registered
127 Posts
Definitely nicer looking! The current one is just too... out of this world... But I hope they have something up their sleeve because I don't see anything special about it to set it apart from competition. Special as in hybrid or diesel powered? I know I have read it somewhere the new one is supposed to be more recreational in mind? If it's just the same old V6 with the annoying CVT setup, no chance of me jumping abroad:sleep:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I did drive a 2004 Quest SE when new for a few hundred miles, and the growling VQ was a hoot in town. If they can keep the CVT off the specs, this van will be interesting indeed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks like a hearse

Suspect it would hold a casket coffin quite easily...

I like the old Quest look...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Blueprint said:
If they can keep the CVT off the specs, this van will be interesting indeed. [/B]
thought I read somewhere that it is a CVT.

Right off the bat that is why I don't have nissans anymore.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just looked at all the pics. Put it in the ugly bin with the Honda. Not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Pricing is out this morning (for Canada at least) :

2011 Nissan Quest

S 27,750$
SV 30,900$
SL 34,350$
LE 41,350$

Full specs for every trim level are also out, and nothing special stands out, except for that /$%?& CVT tranny for all versions, the expected 253 hp VQ and 13-speakers Bose audio for the LE.

All versions have the fake-wooded dash seen in the pics.

Nissan seems to aim for value, as the S undercuts the Ody by 2,249$ and is even cheaper than the base 4-cyl. Sienna.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Looks like hearst

OR could be a large version of the Ford Flex with sliding doors....

The new 2011 Honda looks better

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Blueprint said:
Pricing is out this morning (for Canada at least) :

2011 Nissan Quest

S 27,750$
SV 30,900$
SL 34,350$
LE 41,350$

Hold on, guys : this is actually the US pricing. I had signed-up for updates, but this one came from Nissan USA, not Nissan Canada. "Our" Nissan website has most of the same info, minus pricing and colour configurator.

I did learn that the base Quest S has a cd of 0.32, quite impressive for a minivan.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Looking at the pictures and the ElGrand, which it is based on, the Quest is smaller than the Ody. Good for some, but not for us.

I think it is more of a Flex competitor, or a super-Mazda5.

Nicolas

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
nicomtl said:
Looking at the pictures and the ElGrand, which it is based on, the Quest is smaller than the Ody. Good for some, but not for us.

I think it is more of a Flex competitor, or a super-Mazda5.

Nicolas
Yes, it looks smallish and there seems to be much less cargo space with the fixed seats.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts