Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While test driving the 2011's, I noticed a wind buffeting effect. It's similar to when a window is slightly cracked, or a door isn't completely closed. The two I test drove did the same thing. My wife fell in love with a silver Touring, which we purchased. Naturally I'm the only one that heard the buffeting. Now I noticed that the front passenger door upper hinge appears to be slightly loose. It's fastened with two bolts and possibly glue. The glue seam appears to be broken slightly. I might be off base, but I do wonder if the noise I'm hearing is related to the hinge.

Anyone notice the wind buffeting noise on the 2011's? If so, I wonder if the passenger door upper hinge glue joint has been compromised?

Anxiously awaiting a 4th generation category!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Well first welcome to the club and congrats on your new 2011 ody. I think you are the first one on here with a 2011. As for your door, since it is so new and so few have bought one yet, I think your best bet is to take it back to the dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Looks like you da first!

BTW, it didn't happen unless you post pics!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Snydosaurus,

Since you are the first with a Touring, I need to ask a question. In Honda's website and brochure, they are making a lot of noise about the FM traffic which comes with the Navigation. Honda has been long overdue adding this feature, but the descriptions are a bit vague. What I want to know is does the navigation system take the traffic info and use it to reroute the trip, as my Garmin unit and my wife's BMW do, or does it simply post traffic info on the screen?

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
13 Posts
No wind buffeting here.

We actually bought the Odyssey (White EX-L with fogs, mud guards and side moldings) over the Sienna back on Oct. 2nd for the looks and fit and finish. I know there are a ton of diehard 3rd gen fans here but I think the new version will grow on people. For the long-time Honda/Acura fans out there, it's akin to the reaction when the Integra with the round headlights first came out. The lynchmob came out initially with the pitchforks but over time most folks were won over.

After test driving the "Swagger Van" vs. the Odyssey and in spite of the better horsepower and torque of the Sienna, the Odyssey wins hands down no question. Yes in spite of the better horsepower and torque of the Sienna, the new Odyssey is that much better everywhere else. People need to calm down with the hate out there for the 4th gen and actually get in one in person before making proclamations.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
That type of reaction surprised me too. I checked out the 2011 at the dealer last week and loved it inside and out. Then this past week I was reading an article online (think it was a USA Today review of the '11 Ody), which praised everything functional about the van, and panned its styling as hideously ugly. Maybe I need to renew my contacts, but personally I thought it looked great. Looking forward to a top-line '11 hitting the used market in a few years, hopefully as a replacement for my about-to-be-purchased 04:)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
ImTheDevil said:
That type of reaction surprised me too. I checked out the 2011 at the dealer last week and loved it inside and out. Then this past week I was reading an article online (think it was a USA Today review of the '11 Ody), which praised everything functional about the van, and panned its styling as hideously ugly. Maybe I need to renew my contacts, but personally I thought it looked great. Looking forward to a top-line '11 hitting the used market in a few years, hopefully as a replacement for my about-to-be-purchased 04:)
As for liking the 2011 styling, I think it comes down to either you like it or you don't. As for me I love the looks of the inside but hate the outside.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
The pic that 80_125 posted looks much better than the professional pics out on the web (to me, at least).

The styling is really growing on me. I've always liked the Gen 2 styling (had 3 of them at one time), and the 2011 really appeals to me.

OF

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Congrats....No pics necessary....I am already a bit nauseated this morning....;) Too much ugly may just push me over the edge

·
Registered
230 Posts
wild willy said:
Congrats....No pics necessary....I am already a bit nauseated this morning....;) Too much ugly may just push me over the edge

maaaaaaaaaaaaan i cant believe alot of peps dont like the new van...lol

i like it because it almost looks like the jdm version just alot bigger

let me c some ima photochop the 2011 usdm to compare something

sorry for the pix

·
Registered
76 Posts
Agreed - had one pass me on the highway yesterday and it looks great. I love that it doesn't have the roof rails - gives it a really clean look. I love the thing. Wish I could swing the cost of a Touring but it's not gonna happen. Oh well. Got my 04 EXL this past Friday and love it. I'm not gonna complain:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
ImTheDevil said:
Agreed - had one pass me on the highway yesterday and it looks great. I love that it doesn't have the roof rails - gives it a really clean look. I love the thing. Wish I could swing the cost of a Touring but it's not gonna happen. Oh well. Got my 04 EXL this past Friday and love it. I'm not gonna complain:)
the rails are optional...
but yeah im on the same boat.. id love to get it but no hay dinero.. my 01 is my love.. best car ive ever bought, best investment after the 3 civics i owned b4 it.. and i still have one more that i bought after and dont drive because i love the van.. hahaha

·
Registered
506 Posts
80_125 said:

After test driving the "Swagger Van" vs. the Odyssey and in spite of the better horsepower and torque of the Sienna, the Odyssey wins hands down no question. Yes in spite of the better horsepower and torque of the Sienna, the new Odyssey is that much better everywhere else.
It's always interesting to see how different people rank different items.

I'm curious what "is that much better everywhere else" means for you?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
bobf58 said:
In Honda's website and brochure, they are making a lot of noise about the FM traffic which comes with the Navigation. Honda has been long overdue adding this feature, but the descriptions are a bit vague. What I want to know is does the navigation system take the traffic info and use it to reroute the trip, as my Garmin unit and my wife's BMW do, or does it simply post traffic info on the screen?
I am curious also. I think the ideal traffic info on the Nav system would be to do it exactly the way Google Maps displays traffic conditions. Highlight the roads in green, yellow, or red to show current traffic speed.

Currently I have to use both the Ody Nav system plus Google Maps on my BlackBerry to get a complete picture.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts