Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new (~1000 miles) Touring model seems to stumble and hesitate from a standing start through the 1-2 shift of the 6-speed automatic. Is this just my imagination? It is very different from my 2008 which I traded in on the 2011.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Could you describe what happens a little bit more? Does it have each time you accelerate? How pronounced is the hesitation/stumble?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Throttle response is not smooth and is most pronounced before engine is at normal operating temperature. Depressing the accelerator results in an initial response but then weakens noticeably almost as if the traction control has engaged.

The 1-2 shift (and sometimes 2-3 shift) "rings" like a wound up spring uncoiling. The sensation is similar to the torque converter engaging and disengaging several time.

On hard acceleration everything is fine. The computer driven drive train has no problem deciding what it should do when told to accelerate with abandon, but when accelerating with some moderation, it seems to have a hard time making up its mind.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks for the added info. My car does something similar... Both my 2011 touring and 2011 touring elite but I'm trying to figure out if yours is less subtle. When I drive me car... Especially in the AM, when I pull away from a stop with just a little acceleration, I notice the car feels like it is jerking ever so slightly. It doesn't do it with more acceleration as you mentioned.

I mentioned it to the Honda dealer on my 2011 touring but they came up with nothing. My touring elite does it so now I feel as though it is "normal" at least for this car. My brother noticed it when he was riding with me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds the same. Push the go pedal hard and everything is fine. Light acceleration is when it happens and the reason I posted was to see if it was my imagination. Maybe not.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Sounds the same. Push the go pedal hard and everything is fine. Light acceleration is when it happens and the reason I posted was to see if it was my imagination. Maybe not.

I'm not really sure if this is a non-sense comment of mine BUT, I feel something is weird also (not engine hesitation though) when I got to 3rd gear and I'm just trying to put less acceleration (I think the best way to describe is I'm at the middle where I should really step on the gas hard or riding on the gas pedal lightly) -- I'm thinking that maybe that the VCM is trying to figure out if it will switch/activate or NOT? :huh:

I hope I'm making sense...:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts