Honda Odyssey Forum banner

2011 Odyssey EX Aux Port

12K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  moco65 
#1 ·
Hello -

About to leave on a trip so I am in a bit of a time crunch... Two questions:

1. I am assuming I can use the Aux port and Aux setting for an iPod/iPod touch to play through the speakers etc. correct?

2. Does anyone have any experience with any inverters to plug in a laptop, DVD player etc.

Thank you!

#4 ·
Yes, the AUX input can accept any audio source including an iPod/iPhone or mp3 player or laptop or cell phone just to name some. All you need is a 3.5mm male to male stereo cable like this one:

There is a 115-Volt Power Outlet (3rd-Row) in EX-L w/Res trims and touring trims only. All other trims require an inverter as mentioned by the OP. Sorry I have no experience with those.

:)

#6 ·
Inverter

My Brother-in-law gave us a power inverter from Radio Shack that we tossed in the glove compartment and never thought about again until a work emergency sprang up while we were on vacation. It saved the day and worked fine. The fuse did blow once, but with it being from Radio Shack I was able to find another store using GPS and get a replacement quickly. Now we take it on every long trip just in case.

#7 ·
Purchased the Belkin F5c400-300w inverter shown below, from Tiger direct, for $39. Used it to power two laptops on a 14 hour trip - no problems. Many other brands out there for similar dollars. Plugged ours into the DC outlet in the rear, preserving the front outlets for GPS and phone plugs. Between the power cable on the inverter and those on the laptops, plenty of length to reach anywhere in the van.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.