Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my rear view mirror and saw what looked like a lowered Sienna. As it passed me I saw the zigzag rear window and knew what it was. I grabbed the camera that I just happened to have in the car and took these. It's really has a low roofline and stance. I was on Rt 23 and I-270 in Worthington, Ohio.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thank you for the pics!!

It looks like they don't have LED tail lights and I wish they put the rear wiper on the top portion of the glass like the new Sienna.

I'm going to go test drive one as soon as they arrive here in Montreal. My lease is up in '12 so I have two years to think about it. :)

Thank again.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
ledebuhr1 said:
Was this near Raymond OH, which is were Honda [email protected] is located.
Worthington is basically Columbus. Not far from Marysville/Raymond area though. That's why I was wondering if it was a manufacturer or dealer plate.

I have a friend that works up there but haven't chatted in a long time. Last I talked to him he was working on the Ridgeline before it came out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tri-C said:
Thanks for the pics - they cement my decision to buy a '10! The damn thing sure is ugly from the side.
Hurry. They don't have much selections left on the lots.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Tri-C said:
Thanks for the pics - they cement my decision to buy a '10! The damn thing sure is ugly from the side.
It took this long to decide? I decided that with the very first 2011 pictures that came out, when, last spring?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled, as I live in that area. I like the new look, but I have liked most of the Ody designs.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Good job, phsu. I live just a few miles east of where you took these photos, and I've seen numerous Honda prototypes around here over the years.

My in-laws live on the other side of Marysville and I tend to see a lot of testing mules out on 31, just north of Marysville. Early Sunday mornings tend to be the best.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Steve P said:
It took this long to decide? I decided that with the very first 2011 pictures that came out, when, last spring?
I wasn't even thinking about a purchase until I first saw pics of an '11 a few months ago.

There was something different, though, in seeing pics of one on the streets of my hometown.

The back looks good and the front ok. The turn signals on the mirrors are a welcome addition. I just don't know what they were thinking of with the window line. Don't see the lower profile as desirable either.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
Tri-C said:
... I just don't know what they were thinking of with the window line. ...
I don't like it either. I think they added the zigzag under the rearmost window because of the lowered roofline back there. Otherwise there would have been very little glass area left. I didn't really notice this until I saw phsu's fourth pic. Thanks phsu, although it was chancey to take pics while driving.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe the designers did not communicate with each other when they were putting their parts together. The issues may have been caught when the vehicle was being assembled. And to fix that "Oopsy lightning window sill" they came up with a patch fix to align as much as possible. The sales people will then market the new and improved "feature" on the new van.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Points well taken

All, you have some good points. I could foresee the "oops factor", but I also could see that they probably did not want the new Ody to look much like the Honda Stream.
The link is that of a 2007 Honda stream (JDM, and smaller minivan-type people mover), and I think they probably had a lot in mind by putting in the lightning bolt design, all of which have been mentioned by board members. BTW, great shots phsu!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts