Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James R. Healey of USA Today concluded his otherwise favorable review of the 2011 Odyssey in today's edition by saying it is "...so ugly it'd be embarrassing to park one in the driveway."

·
Registered
108 Posts
Something is quite different about the 2011 Odyssey that a few reviewers have repeated. Everyone has been accustomed to seeing the vehicle with roof rails until this year. The 2011 looks much better with the addition of the rails. A small detail such as this adds a lot of interest to the direct side view of the vehicle...and helps very much with carrying the old canoe...while impressing neighbors in your driveway.

·
Registered
778 Posts
The roof rails don't exactly do it for me, but for those who haven't seen it..............

·
Registered
778 Posts
jackrabbit000 said:
Wonder why they didn't color code the rear spoiler for 2010.
Or the mirrors

·
Registered
444 Posts
The trim creases at the C-pillars makes the van look like it's already been in a wreck. The mismatched window sizes make me imagine that the prototype was built with whatever was lying around the shop.

What a design fiasco.

·
Registered
164 Posts
They probably didn't color code the mirrors or the rear spoiler because then they can add them to the list of changes for 2011.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I haven't seen 1 new Ody yet in my area, except one in the showroom. I've seen a few new Siennas already. I'm more impressed with the looks of the Sienna. I'm not in the market to buy a new car/van yet. I'm going on 6 years with my 05 Ody.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Except, in the case of the Aztek, they probably new it was ugly and were targeting for the crowd that wanted an SUV that was 'different'; given the tremendous number of choices of SUVs, this made sense.
But for Odyssey...hmmm I dont think this risk makes any sense. How many choices of good Vans do we have? 2, maybe 3? :confused:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well, its a van and sometimes they (stylists) try to change things up just to make it look "new" vs. the old look. I don't really like how the doors dominate and look like they were added on in the side view. I would have done it differently, but the lightning bolt effect is OK with me. A neighbor just bought a Sienna and I must say its fairly handsome for a van. wonder how long until he sells his 2 seat convertible.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The 'edge' looks good on a BMW 7-Series, but not a family van. They turned it into a 'look at me' van, but I guess some people like that. - I am enjoying my 2008 even more now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I saw one on the ride home a few weeks back, I didn't know they were redesigning the van, at first I saw the front and thought that it was a new ugly Honda truck, but soon realized that it was a ody.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seems to be a trend lately with Honda...first it was the Ridgeline, then the newest gen Pilot, and then the Accord Crosstour...and now the Ody...UGLY!!! What is going on? Of course this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I saw one at my dealership & taken a close look...one thing I can say...it looks horrible. It will look more ugly next to a 2011 Sienna. I'm not a fan of Sienna, Honda did an awful design on this one.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts