Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to manually open the door, it seems to lock closed? I tried to open the door with the lock release inside
the cargo door, and with the lock manual release pushed, the cargo door still will not open.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is there a way to manually open the door, it seems to lock closed? I tried to open the door with the lock release inside
the cargo door, and with the lock manual release pushed, the cargo door still will not open.
Check your owners manual page 410 to see if you are following the correct procedure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Page 410 in my manual is about am / fm reception. Page 120 is multi-information display. I will see if this helps. Thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I worked through the multi information display setup……no change. The power tail gate is stuck closed. When the remote is pushed, the door starts to lift……and then slams shut. I am thinking the lift motor is failing. So how can the lift motor be removed if the door will not open. The manual release lever does not release the door to open it.
your help would be appreciate. Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,599 Posts
I worked through the multi information display setup……no change. The power tail gate is stuck closed. When the remote is pushed, the door starts to lift……and then slams shut. I am thinking the lift motor is failing. So how can the lift motor be removed if the door will not open. The manual release lever does not release the door to open it.
your help would be appreciate. Thanks
For now, try pressing and holding the release button (beeeep... beep-beep). This disables the lift motor and you can lift the hatch by hand. I do it all the time when I'm in a hurry and want the hatch to open faster, or need to control exactly how far and fast it opens. Assuming the latch itself is releasing correctly, the lift motor failure can by avoided temporarily.

-Charlie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For now, try pressing and holding the release button (beeeep... beep-beep). This disables the lift motor and you can lift the hatch by hand. I do it all the time when I'm in a hurry and want the hatch to open faster, or need to control exactly how far and fast it opens. Assuming the latch itself is releasing correctly, the lift motor failure can by avoided temporarily.

-Charlie
The

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charlie, Thanks for information. I tried pressing and holding the lift button on the remote. No change. The lift gate starts trying to lift the door, beep beep, and slams closed. Inside the van, at the manual release lever on the bottom of the door latch, I tried holding the manual relief lever over to open, while pressing the remote to open. Same result. some thing is broken. (captain obvious)

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
1,599 Posts
I tried pressing and holding the lift button on the remote.
No, no, no. On the door itself. The regular outside release button. Press and hold it and open the door manually. If the latch mechanism is working, you can open the door without the lift motor operating. If that fails, you have a problem with the latch mechanism, not the lift motor.

-Charlie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did try that procedure with the outside latch on the lift gate door. The door won’t budge. I made sure everything was unlocked. The lift gate will not open. So it’s looking like a latch problem. Charlie, Thanks for your input. I wonder what the dealership will do? I have scheduled an appointment. I will post what happens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts