Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this today from Weathertech.
Sharing with those who like to see before you buy. It looks a very good fit to me.

It did not block the AC vents under the 1st row and 3rd row seats.
About the spare tire accessibility: It seems to me you will spend the same effort as the OEM Honda mat, no more or less. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
That looks great! Can't wait to get mine now... that looks like it will save a lot of wear and tear especially with the kids that are under impression that the van is a racing track of some sort!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I'm a WT fan as well, been using their liners in several cars/trucks now.

I'm not sure about that big rear mat. It does provide great coverage but seems like a hassle to remove the seats if you want to take the mat out to give it a good cleaning.

As far as the front, I don't care for the one-piece mat either, but it appears that WT did recently come out with the separate mats now for the front, so I plan to get those.

What about their rear cargo liner (the bigger one behind the 2nd row), you didn't get one?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Great pictures. THank you for taking the time to post!

SteveV - I see your point about the big reat mat but wouldn't you take the seats out if you wanted to give the interior a good cleaning anyways?

Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got the Honda brand all season floormats from CollegeHillsHonda for $150.

The Weathertech Complete kit costs $240

I love the pics that were posted. The weathertech definately has more coverage: (1) under the seats and (2) mats go slightly beyond the carpet onto the doorsills. [my wife complains about the crumbs that get between the gap in the door sill and floor mats - weathertech would eliminate this problem.]

I like the lip of the Honda brand better than weathertech, but I like the coverage, and color choices that weathertech offers, but I don't think it is worth the $90 to me...I don't think. :p

either way it'll be better than carpet if you have kids.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing. I'm a WT fan as well, been using their liners in several cars/trucks now.

I'm not sure about that big rear mat. It does provide great coverage but seems like a hassle to remove the seats if you want to take the mat out to give it a good cleaning.

As far as the front, I don't care for the one-piece mat either, but it appears that WT did recently come out with the separate mats now for the front, so I plan to get those.

What about their rear cargo liner (the bigger one behind the 2nd row), you didn't get one?

Wife likes the 3rd seats up all the time so she can utilize the back deep pocket for grocery....
:)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just got mine yesterday! Amazingly, I ordered them at 11:30am on Monday and they arrived at 10:15am on Tuesday and I didn't even pay for expedited shipping.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Now that I'm looking at those pictures, I'm a bit concerned with the cutouts. I have the LX and so no middle seat in the second row.. and so no hooks in the middle. The gap between the second row "plastic parts" is 12 1/2 inches. If this space is smaller in other models because of the extra hooks then the cutouts won't fit perfectly and carpeting will show.

I wrote to WT about this... we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got the Honda brand all season floormats from CollegeHillsHonda for $150.

The Weathertech Complete kit costs $240

I love the pics that were posted. The weathertech definately has more coverage: (1) under the seats and (2) mats go slightly beyond the carpet onto the doorsills. [my wife complains about the crumbs that get between the gap in the door sill and floor mats - weathertech would eliminate this problem.]

I like the lip of the Honda brand better than weathertech, but I like the coverage, and color choices that weathertech offers, but I don't think it is worth the $90 to me...I don't think. :p

either way it'll be better than carpet if you have kids.

I wished I got the Weathertech ones...it definitely looks like it fits better and has better coverage. My OEM Honda mats in the front doesn't even cover the area under the gas pedal and the spot for the left foot! For some reason, they designed it where the mat just kind of covers and ends right under the brake pedal. I also actually feel that the Weathertech's lip is much higher than the OEM and the plastic is thicker/stronger.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have rushed to get the mats just to quickly get the car covered. I've used Weathertech in the past and always liked them. So, buy Weathertech...don't get the OEM ones!

·
Registered
687 Posts
So, buy Weathertech...don't get the OEM ones!
But in defence of the OEM mats, they were pretty much available when the vehicle launched while the Weathertechs took 6-9 months come out. I couldn't imagine going one winter without any sort of all season mats on the floor. The salt, snow and mud would have killed the carpeted mats and interior.

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
As promised, pics of my WTs in my LX. I must say that I am satisfied in the product's quality, but somewhat disappointed in the fact that WT did not take into account that there are differences between the LX and other models.

I'm glad I went for black BTW. It looks really good against the grey.

I understand that there are not many LX owners out there, but after paying this much for a product, I am wondering if this is acceptable or not.

If you look at the second row, the LX does not have middle seat hooks since it does not have a middle seat so the cutout is too large and won't protect the carpet there. I can always put something underneath, but kind of defeats the purpose of having "laser-cut" mats.

The second issue is with the front row protector. I'm wondering if others have the one-inch gap between the lip and the cup-holder on the floor. I doubt the LX is different than the other models in this regard.

Everything else fits great.

Tell me what you guys think.

Attachments

·
Registered
687 Posts
I understand that there are not many LX owners out there, but after paying this much for a product, I am wondering if this is acceptable or not.

If you look at the second row, the LX does not have middle seat hooks since it does not have a middle seat so the cutout is too large and won't protect the carpet there. I can always put something underneath, but kind of defeats the purpose of having "laser-cut" mats.
Well you hit the nail on the head. Since only one of the five trim levels has a different configuration and that trim level is not the top seller, WT do not want to produce a second mat for the small amount of sales they would generate.

The second issue is with the front row protector. I'm wondering if others have the one-inch gap between the lip and the cup-holder on the floor. I doubt the LX is different than the other models in this regard.
Again, the LX has a different center console than the other models hence the small gap. If I were you, I would pick-up the deluxe console (with trash ring) that are found on the higher trim levels. They're as low as $99 on eBay (though shipping to Canada is pricey). Just make sure the floor hooks are in the same position.

2011 CONSOLE LIGHT GRAY HONDA ODYSSEY BRACKETS INCL | eBay

;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
But in defence of the OEM mats, they were pretty much available when the vehicle launched while the Weathertechs took 6-9 months come out. I couldn't imagine going one winter without any sort of all season mats on the floor. The salt, snow and mud would have killed the carpeted mats and interior.

:rollingeyes:
Yup, I just had to quickly get it...couldn't wait for the Weathertech to come out.

BTW, I have the same model and color you have, but American. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Don't know if this would look good or not but I would love to mix an match the WT fronts with Honda's second and third rows. I wonder how that would look? I like the two piece front WTs but don't like the second and third row option.

·
Registered
359 Posts
^I've had the black OEM mats for the past few months. Now I just got the grey WT front separate liners and their cargo liner (behind 2nd row). We have the grey interior and the WT grey is a little darker but seems to blend in good enough. Still waiting for the separate 2nd and 3rd row WT liner, but if they don't come out soon, I'll just buy their one-piece liner.

I think the WT cargo liner is much better than the folding OEM cargo liner. The WT cargo liner has a raised lip on each side and the back and it stays put instead of sliding around like the OEM liner.

·
Registered
301 Posts
^I've had the black OEM mats for the past few months. Now I just got the grey WT front separate liners and their cargo liner (behind 2nd row). We have the grey interior and the WT grey is a little darker but seems to blend in good enough. Still waiting for the separate 2nd and 3rd row WT liner, but if they don't come out soon, I'll just buy their one-piece liner.

I think the WT cargo liner is much better than the folding OEM cargo liner. The WT cargo liner has a raised lip on each side and the back and it stays put instead of sliding around like the OEM liner.
I am torn between black or grey for my Truffle interior. I saw the pics with the grey WT in the Truffle interior and I am not sold, as much as they blend they dont match in my opinion.

I want to get the cargo tray behind the 3rd row but don't know if I should do Honda or WT, it looks like the Honda one has a higher lip than the WT. As for the cargo liner when 3rd row is down I don't think that is going to work for me cause my wife will most likely have one part of the 3rd row up so she can utilize the well and still have the extra flat area for the stroller.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts