Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2011 Touring. Loving it so far, a few observations though....

Anyone notice that the brochure specifically says under "Seating"

Heated Front Seats, Leather-Trimmed Seats (front and outboard 2nd-row)

Shouldn't this mean the outboard 2nd row seats are heated in the touring since it has leather seats?

Secondly, anyone having ipod issues? My ipod touch works but my ipod nano 2nd gen(1.1.3) does not, while it specifically says it is supported in the manual.

·
Banned
728 Posts
a4000 said:
Just picked up a 2011 Touring. Loving it so far, a few observations though....

Anyone notice that the brochure specifically says under "Seating"

Heated Front Seats, Leather-Trimmed Seats (front and outboard 2nd-row)

Shouldn't this mean the outboard 2nd row seats are heated in the touring since it has leather seats?

Secondly, anyone having ipod issues? My ipod touch works but my ipod nano 2nd gen(1.1.3) does not, while it specifically says it is supported in the manual.
I think it means the outboard 2nd row is leather - the center removable seat is not.

In any event, who knows what "trimmed" means. Usually it means the part you sit on while the bolsters, seat backs, etc are vinyl.

(prospective owner) :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone also know if it's possible to play a dvd on the front display...can't seem to get it to work....I guess it's not possible?

·
Registered
755 Posts
a4000 said:
Anyone also know if it's possible to play a dvd on the front display...can't seem to get it to work....I guess it's not possible?
nope. its not and it wasnt before either.

i think its one of the safety issue

·
Banned
728 Posts
richysh said:
nope. its not and it wasnt before either.

i think its one of the safety issue
They should allow it when the vehicle is in park. Ever get caught at one of those long train crossings?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question...about the voice commands.

When I press the voice command button on the steering wheel I hear a woman telling me how to use it, how to get help etc. then finally I get a beep so I can speak.

Can you disable that so you get the beep right after pushing the button. So stupid in my opinion, the whole point is to save time...having to wait 15 seconds to actually say the command makes it pointless.

·
Registered
39 Posts
a4000 said:

When I press the voice command button on the steering wheel I hear a woman telling me how to use it, how to get help etc. then finally I get a beep so I can speak.

Can you disable that so you get the beep right after pushing the button. So stupid in my opinion, the whole point is to save time...having to wait 15 seconds to actually say the command makes it pointless.
yup there's an option under settings to turn off voice tutorial

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
a4000 said:
It's not possible stock. Honda seems to have an especially conservative legal dept. There are aftermarket options for the prior gen to get the video running up front. Not sure what's available for the '11 yet.

·
Banned
728 Posts
skinny2 said:
It's not possible stock. Honda seems to have an especially conservative legal dept. There are aftermarket options for the prior gen to get the video running up front. Not sure what's available for the '11 yet.
I think it will take an elaborate "hack", but given the target market for these vehicles, I wonder if one will ever show up. Now if we were talking about an XBox360, I'm sure some 13 year old would have it beat in 15 minutes.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Shazzam said:
I think it will take an elaborate "hack", but given the target market for these vehicles, I wonder if one will ever show up. Now if we were talking about an XBox360, I'm sure some 13 year old would have it beat in 15 minutes.
Like I said there are several options for the '05-'10 Odys so I don't see why they won't develop one for the '11+. If they didn't change the harnesses the prior gen option may even work.

Pretty much any electronics guru can hack this. I hacked mine back in 2005 with just a simple electronic board, a few wires, and a switch. All you do is tap the backup camera lead to the dvd output. A year or so later there were plug-n-play options that had the correct harnesses so you didn't have to tap any wires. It's certainly more popular to have OEM nav/dvd in cars now than it was in 2005 so I imagine new parts will be much quicker to market.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hitchens97 said:
yup there's an option under settings to turn off voice tutorial
Good deal. Now if I can actually find the setting I'll be all set.

·
Registered
32 Posts
a4000 said:

Hit the buttom on your steering wheel 2 times and you can go right to saying your voice command.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Open All Doors at Once?

We have a 2011 EX and I was wondering if there is a way to set the keyfob to unlock all doors with one click of the unlock button? I didnt spot it in the manual, but may have missed it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: Open All Doors at Once?

pjten said:
We have a 2011 EX and I was wondering if there is a way to set the keyfob to unlock all doors with one click of the unlock button? I didnt spot it in the manual, but may have missed it.
does ex models come with the trip computer as the touring models? If they do, go to the custom settings on the gauge and you can change it there

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Re: Open All Doors at Once?

It just has basic computer as far as I can tell for mpg, miles left on tank, etc.

richysh said:
does ex models come with the trip computer as the touring models? If they do, go to the custom settings on the gauge and you can change it there

·
Banned
728 Posts
a4000 said:
Here she is....black/gray.

Looks great and really shows off the wheels. Alas, I'm too picky to live with the inevitable scratches that show up on black paint, so I'll have to pick something lighter.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Open All Doors at Once?

pjten said:
It just has basic computer as far as I can tell for mpg, miles left on tank, etc.
then your manual should have infos on those.

i remember doing it on our 07 cr-v which doesn't have the trip

computer. you gota use the door switch and the ignition together

a few times to get it set up like that. but ody might be a little

different.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Open All Doors at Once?

I think from looking at the manual, it may only be a feature on the touring 2011? Bummer

richysh said:
then your manual should have infos on those.

i remember doing it on our 07 cr-v which doesn't have the trip

computer. you gota use the door switch and the ignition together

a few times to get it set up like that. but ody might be a little

different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got EX-L RES, and the trip computer is there. I like it better than what I had before (Ody 2001 EX)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts