Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share this. I was standing beside my Van, parked in front of a Starbucks and see a new beautiful 2011 White Sienna XLE pull up. The guy gets out and smiles at me and we start talking. First thing I blurted out was it looks like a Ody from the side, especially the front end. This guy was in total agreement. He mentioned Sienna is always playing catchup with Honda. Apparently he owned a 2008 Ody touring previously and just loved the look of the new 2011 Sienna and it's features. The dual power roof was a cool feature. Only problem he mentioned was the Entertainment screen was loose because his kids hit it several times getting in and out of the van. When I look where it's positioned, the actual placement is similar to the 06 Ody RES but is much wider. Guess that's something to watchout for. One thing we both agreed sucked was that stupid a$$ antenna on the passenger side. I would never buy a Sienna again or any vehicle with an antenna. Joking aside the 2011 Sienna XLE is a nice looking vehicle. I like how the middle row seats have the footrest feature.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Not from the rear! If the Odyssey were a woman and the tailgate were her rear end, the '11 Sienna looks like she's had several dozen too many bags of chocolate chip cookies!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will it look better than 2011 Ody ?

manualman said:
Not from the rear! If the Odyssey were a woman and the tailgate were her rear end, the '11 Sienna looks like she's had several dozen too many bags of chocolate chip cookies!
From what I've seen of the 2011 Ody, I'd be interested in comparing looks. I honest don't like what I've seen so far in the 2011, it really looks like a oversized cross-over with sliding doors. A car to me is like a woman.... she can be a few pounds overweight because that can change with a little exercise but if she is butt ugly.... you can't ever change that.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
seen a new sienna SW the other day, and i agree it looks alot like my '08 ody

but man the tailights are racer

and the $40k mnivan has an antenna on the rt ft fender.........:eek:

YUK

now i wanna see a new ody w/ the duel screens.....:cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
whoa said:
Can anyone post a pic (re: antenna)?
Just go on ebay and look for any 2011 sienna with real photos, not stocks. I tried to copy but won't let me. Oh yeah, it has to be a base, LE or SE. Some XLE and all Limited have the in-glass antenna. But yeah, what a joke, I thought they stop making those antennas back in the 80s. Toyota might as well offer power retractable antenna as an option:D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
what i saw was an SE w/ the antenna.

·
Registered
778 Posts
While I agree with the strikes against the Sienna, I have to give Toyota credit on one point. Like most of you, I really didn't like the back of the new Sienna. It looks huge and very very plain, but for some reason, the Limited model's back tailgate area does not look as bad and is in some ways, tolerable. I don't know if its just the chrome trim or other trim changes, but all together, it is dressed up rather nicely. All other models are cheap looking.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, back end on XLE looks okay but that damn antenna...

Cntrtwnltd said:
While I agree with the strikes against the Sienna, I have to give Toyota credit on one point. Like most of you, I really didn't like the back of the new Sienna. It looks huge and very very plain, but for some reason, the Limited model's back tailgate area does not look as bad and is in some ways, tolerable. I don't know if its just the chrome trim or other trim changes, but all together, it is dressed up rather nicely. All other models are cheap looking.
The more I think about it, the more I say the antenna is a turn off. To use an analogy, It's like dating a good looking girl. Great curves, beautiful eyes, long hair, legs to kill for ... then she smiles and her 2 front teeth are missing... a real turn off.

No offense to any girls on this forum that fit the description.:D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well that is exactly why I love the new Sienna—it looks similar to the previous Ody! The new Ody on the other hand to me is just plain ugly. No brainer. Next van will be Toyota. The antenna is not a deal killer since my 03 Ody has one and it has never really bothered me.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I can't understand why people say they look the same. Since they are all vans they are bound to have similarities. I'd never mistake an old or new Ody for an old or new Sienna.

I find the differences much more apparent than the similarities though.

Our Sienna looks more aggressive overall, higher and more stubby in the front, doesn't have an ugly door rail like our 05 had, cleaner lines all around in our opinion and seems more sporty overall.

Old Van

New Van

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yup, similar! Right down to the color and sunroof. LOL As opposed to not similar to Dodge Caravan or 2011 Ody. Sienna has nice curves—best looking minivan ever!

·
Registered
506 Posts
cramar said:
Yup, similar! Right down to the color and sunroof. LOL As opposed to not similar to Dodge Caravan or 2011 Ody. Sienna has nice curves—best looking minivan ever!
No doubt! :D

Actually while both are called silver they couldn't be more different. The Honda is a fairly gold/brown type silver and the Toyoda is a very crisp bluish silver.

Oh, and the new rig has not 1 but 2 sunroofs! :cool:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Snobike Mike said:
No doubt! :D

Actually while both are called silver they couldn't be more different. The Honda is a fairly gold/brown type silver and the Toyoda is a very crisp bluish silver.

Oh, and the new rig has not 1 but 2 sunroofs! :cool:
Yeah, I meant to ask about that 2nd sunroof. Was it possible to get the Limited "loaded" with everything but the 2nd sunroof. I looked in one with it, and to be honest, I wasn't very happy with the trade offs. There was less headroom in the second row and a lot less headroom in the third. I also didn't like what it did to the climate control buttons (of course the Sienna and Ody now have it badly positioned). There were at least two other things I compared, but can't remember. I looked at a Sienna with and without it to verify (the one without had one up front though I believe). To me, I'm not sure Its really worth the sacrifice to have that second piece of glass back there, unless you say it has other benefits. I guess it sounds as though you like yours?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi,

The Limited only comes with the 2nd moonroof (at least up here in Canada).

We love it. It makes the balance of the cabin very airy and open. I'm 6'2" and I don't have any problem with headroom in the 2nd row (I haven't sat in the 3rd row for any length of time to think about headroom there).

Cheers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts