Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and the 1/4 in 15.8s at 90 mph :cool:

Yup, a Car and Driver test drive has just been posted. With the 6-speeder tranny, the Ody is faster than an awd Sienna they also tested.

The gen2 did 0-60 in 7.5s in their hands, and this is just another clue to me that the gen4 will really appeal to us gen2 owners.

My main gripe? The loss of a pass-through under the 3rd row with the 60/40 seat that appeared with the gen3.

C/D mentions the EX as the better value.

·
Registered
506 Posts
The 6sp Ody "may" be faster than the AWD Sienna (should be since the AWD is heavier and has more drivetrain drag) but it wasn't faster than the SE Sienna tested by Motortrend at 7.1 0-60.

We need same van configuration on exactly the same day in same article to do correct comparisons.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snobike Mike said:
We need same van configuration on exactly the same day in same article to do correct comparisons.
And I agree. Car mags keep saying that they have increasing difficulty to compare apples with apples in comparos, with limited press fleets.

In theory, the base Sienna V-6 should be the fastest, and with the Ody it could be either the 5-speed LX or the 6-speed Touring, depending on what the tranny brings vs increased weight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts