Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the A/C doesn't get very cool unless I'm underway and driving at a moderate or high speed. Every vehicle I've owned previously had BETTER cooling at speed but this was terrible.

Yesterday I loaded the family into a hot van after an event. We immediately got into construction gridlock on the interstate for the better part of an hour. The van never got cool and the family was miserable. The air blowing out was COOLER but not even close to being cold nor cool enough to make the van comfortable.

What gives? Is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Nope. Not normal. Take it in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer says A/C is operating normally. Supposedly even talked to Honda to verify and pulled another ody off the lot and compared. Pulled the freon and recharged.

This A/C will not cool down my van unless underway. Air blows cooler but doesn't get cold. When underway it is ice cold.

Ridiculous

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It still sucks. In this weather I have to drive around extra and choose routes with fewer stops to get the car cool.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Try another dealer. Our TE cools whether we are moving or not. My 2011 Ody needed the system to be charged and then it was ice cold. This one isn't quite as cold but it is just fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2012 EX-L performs similarly. It will cool fine once moving but not really if the car is idling, kinda just moderately cool air. I've had other cars that behaved the same way. It just seems to be manufacturer/car dependent. Our Mazda CX7 wouldn't cool while idling. Our F150 would cool while idling. Our Subaru Legacy used to cool better while idling, but it still wasn't great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
here I found this information with a 2011 odyssey touring: Goood luck

biggity007

Registered User Join DateSep 2011LocationUnited StatesPosts7

Closing the loop here to pay it forward. Hopefully someone finds this helpful.

Took the car back in to Valley Honda in Naperville IL today. Turned out that <gets notes> "Freon is leaking from low side line O-Ring between firewall and compressor Evac." Apparently they "Replaced O-Ring and Recharged. Test drove and vechicle passed test. No leaks found. Ac is again cold at idle."

Supposedly the lines were twisted in a way that got them plugged up and/or leaking. Hopefully this fix is in fact a fix. Here's hoping someone else finds this info helpful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts