Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, just want to say that I LOVE my new 2011 Tourning Edition Honda minivan. Upgraded from a Dodge Grand Caravan and the difference if night and day. LOVE LOVE LOVE the new van. I bought a new Tourning from a dealer about 120 miles away. When I was driving the car 3 miles off the lot (at 9:00 at night) I heard some "rubbing type" noises and thought "car has 2 miles on it, need to brake it in" and I am driving 100 miles on the highway and that should take car of any noise. Well.... The noise is still there. Actually there are two seperate noises.

1. From the back - squeal/rubbing at slow speeds, almost like rusty playground equipment or a seal.

2. From the front - sound just starting happening today, 1200 miles, sounds like a sprinkler at low speeds, can hear it loudly when next to a wall or trees.....

Taking it to the dealer on Thursday, so will update the post, but wanted to know if there were any other similar owners with the same noises out there. Please share your experience so I can talk to the technician and sound slightly educated. I read the "strut" thread here and the sound is NOT due to the brakes or stearing..... :huh:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Check to see if you have any pebbles lodged in the thread of one or more of your tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fixed

Dealer said it was a bent piece of metal that was hitting the rear brakes on the right side. Fixed and is quit now. Ahhhhhh.

·
Registered
687 Posts
What happened? Did you take your van off-roading?!?

:p

·
Registered
3 Posts
My wife had the same thing on her van. The dealer said that there was a TSB covering the problem. I don't know what it covered but it was fixed when she picket up yesterday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts