Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing either a 2011 or 2012 Odyssey LX

were any changes made in 2012 ?

the difference in negogiated price between the 2011 and 2012 is $500.

I am trying to decide which one to go with.

thanks for your input.

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
You would lose less in depreciation with the 2012. Also, the 2012 is the second year of the redesign, so some of the teething pains might be worked out.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
2012 seem to have an issue with the RES not resuming where you left off. No res in LX, so no difference to my knowledge.
Maybe some better resale because it would seem 1 year newer.

·
Registered
786 Posts
If you really looked hard enough, I'm sure you could find some changes, but nothing notable. Back in 2006, the only changes I remember were the addition of a leather steering wheel and shift knob on EXL models, and the "Odyssey" badge was moved to the left side of the tailgate.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I am looking at purchasing either a 2011 or 2012 Odyssey LX

were any changes made in 2012 ?

the difference in negogiated price between the 2011 and 2012 is $500.

I am trying to decide which one to go with.

thanks for your input.
Here are the only changes in general for the Odyssey trims, bottom line, only changes to the EX and Touring:

Designed and built in the United States, the five available models consist of the Odyssey LX, EX, EX-L, Touring and Touring Elite, with each providing an unique combination of features, value, luxury and in-vehicle entertainment technology. Changes for 2012 include the addition of select features to the Odyssey EX that were previously exclusive to the Odyssey EX-L. For 2012, the Odyssey EX now includes Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®, the intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID) with an 8-inch TFT screen, a 2-GB CD Library and a USB Audio Interface. The 2012 Odyssey Touring receives an exclusive exterior color, White Diamond Pearl, replacing Taffeta White on the prior model.

[Sports Car Illustrated]

·
Registered
884 Posts
I leased a 2011 in Canada 2 weeks ago. At the time the Honda Canada web site said they were discounting the 2011s by $2000. Also I noted that the residual value after 4 years was over $2000 in difference. I'd get the 2012 if $500 was the only savings over a 2012.

·
Registered
88 Posts
^I agree. If its only $500 difference, I'd get the 2012 just because of the already depreciated 2011 value. If they are offering a few grand off, then you'll have to weigh what's valuable to you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I bought the Mocha Metallic (obviously) but the CBM is available - EX and up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts