Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at the sticky for possible wheel and tire size combinations and also searched with not much luck in finding 2011 combinations. I'm trying to come up with the right combo for a set of 20" wheels for our Odyssey. Here is what I am thinking:

20x8.5 35 offset
255/45/20

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Try using the Tirerack.com website and see what it spits out recommended info.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have looked at the sticky for possible wheel and tire size combinations and also searched with not much luck in finding 2011 combinations. I'm trying to come up with the right combo for a set of 20" wheels for our Odyssey. Here is what I am thinking:

20x8.5 35 offset
255/45/20

Any thoughts?
I'm wondering the same as well, one of the forum member "Sillkywoods" was using 22 x 9 with 35 offset, 265/35/22 size tire and report that it rub at the back when loaded.
Base on my calculations, you will have 6mm more clearance from the outside on wheels and gain another 6mm clearance on tires. Really hard to say whether 12mm is enough to made the difference.

Hope to have other forum members to post what set up they're running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Kes, that's a tough one, I actually just went out to my garage with my digital calipers and I can't tell you one way or the other. It will go down to mm. With my measurements, you would be safe with a mm or 2mm to spare. If the offset was 40mm, I would so no problem at all.
I don't know if you have seen my latest post on my "22's" thread, but I had an Air Lift 1000 installed, now I'm totally safe with a better handling, more comfortable (my opinion) van.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Kes, that's a tough one, I actually just went out to my garage with my digital calipers and I can't tell you one way or the other. It will go down to mm. With my measurements, you would be safe with a mm or 2mm to spare. If the offset was 40mm, I would so no problem at all.
I don't know if you have seen my latest post on my "22's" thread, but I had an Air Lift 1000 installed, now I'm totally safe with a better handling, more comfortable (my opinion) van.
Just read your post regarding the Air Lift 1000, have you try loading up yet? I have my eyes on some TSW Nurburging or Interlagos 20's, they came in 8.5" with offset of 43, I should be safe base on your comment. But if adding Air Lift get better handling, I wouldn't mind shell out extra for it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am condsidering the Nurburgring and the Croft. The Croft is 8.5 w/ 35 offset. I prefer the croft but don't want a rubbing issue either.

Kes, the Nurburgring will fit fine with the 43 offset. The 35 offset will be pushing it I think. Post pics when you get your wheels. I guess I will be putting it off for a couple weeks until I get back from Florida.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am condsidering the Nurburgring and the Croft. The Croft is 8.5 w/ 35 offset. I prefer the croft but don't want a rubbing issue either.

Kes, the Nurburgring will fit fine with the 43 offset. The 35 offset will be pushing it I think. Post pics when you get your wheels. I guess I will be putting it off for a couple weeks until I get back from Florida.
I'll post pics when I got my wheels but it will be for next spring / summer, going to order some winter tires for the oem wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts