Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends

I'm reading Mike Phillips's Art of Detailing and he emphasizes knowing exactly what type of wheels one is detailing. He says using the wrong type of cleaner can permanently damage the wheel in a matter of seconds.

So before I put a cleaner on our new Odyssey's wheels, I thought it'd be prudent to ask you guys.

Are my wheels factory painted, uncoated metal, a combination of coated and uncoated, or anodized?

They look like they're at least partially coated.

And if you're taking the time to respond to my question, would you please make a recommendation for a wheel cleaner?

Thank you.

--Jaddie

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dear Friends

I just found out they're coated.

The folks on the autogeek forum knew the answer and had some suggestions.

--Jaddie

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jaddie - I have used Sonus Full Effect Wheel cleaner with great results.
Very easy to use and cleans beautifully - even baked on brake dust with little agitation.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dear Jeff

Thanks for responding.

I have the EX-L, too. Mocha Metallic was my first color choice but I ended up accepting white, which was my third color choice. My second was Smoky Topaz.

--Jaddie

·
Registered
174 Posts
Actually the mocha was my wife's first choice, and so that is what I hunted for. There are not an abundance of this color as it was one of the paints that was affected by the earthquakes in Japan. I think I woul dhave gone with the Celestial Blue although that was a little light for my taste. Anyway, enjoy the new ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts