Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! :) Just got a 2012 EXL on Friday. I have tried several times to turn the auto door lock feature OFF. I have followed the instructions in the manual and it has not worked. I'm about to scream! Every time I try to follow the instructions, then crank the van and put it in drive the doors lock. UGH!! Help!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So um, yeah...if you read the directions and do EXACTLY what they say like open the door and NOT close it...then it works like a charm. :DD Can't imagine how stupid I've looked to my neighbors as I've tried to get this turned off. :rollingeyes:

Different question and yes again I've read the manual but maybe I've missed it. Is there a way to turn off the seatbelt reminder?? TIA!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
N/m I see from some very old posts that it's apparently not an option to turn it off nor is it a question to ask here. Thanks anyway!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ok, now you have me curious.... are you anti safety gadgets? No auto lock, and if you could turn off the seatbelt warning, you would, implying that you don't wear a seatbelt? Huh?

·
Registered
105 Posts
It looks like only the Touring Elite has customizable door lock settings:
http://hondanews.com/channels/honda...012-honda-odyssey-specifications-and-features

Look just under INFORMATION DISPLAY / MULTI-INFORMATION DISPLAY

Could that be the issue?

Hi! :) Just got a 2012 EXL on Friday. I have tried several times to turn the auto door lock feature OFF. I have followed the instructions in the manual and it has not worked. I'm about to scream! Every time I try to follow the instructions, then crank the van and put it in drive the doors lock. UGH!! Help!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
It looks like only the Touring Elite has customizable door lock settings:
Honda Media Newsroom - Odyssey - 2012 Honda Odyssey Specifications and Features

Look just under INFORMATION DISPLAY / MULTI-INFORMATION DISPLAY

Could that be the issue?
No, you can customize the door lock behavior on all trim levels. For the Touring models, this is easily done using the driver MID in the dash. For lower trim levels, you have to follow a cumbersome set of procedures outlined on pages 116-119 of the 2012 Owner's Manual:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/K81212/K81212OM.pdf

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
687 Posts
TODC07, what trim level do yo have? So you tried the steps outlined in the Owner's Manual for turning off auto door locking and it didn't work?

1. Move the shift lever to [P] with the brake pedal depressed.

2. Open the driver’s door.

3. Turn the ignition switch to ON [II].

4. Press and hold the front of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door for more than five seconds. Release the switch after you hear one click.

5. Turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY within 20 seconds.
-->Customization is completed.

:huh:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, now you have me curious.... are you anti safety gadgets? No auto lock, and if you could turn off the seatbelt warning, you would, implying that you don't wear a seatbelt? Huh?
*sigh* this is why I said n/m (never mind) because after reading some very old posts I saw where people were attacked for asking this question. I didn't imply anything...you ASSUME I don't wear my seatbelt when in reality I NEVER drive anywhere...even around the corner...without it ON. I simply would like to be able to sit in my son's preschool parking lot while waiting for carpool to start, listening to the radio without the thing dinging at me. I am a safe person who can think for myself and do NOT need my car to remind me or do everything for me. So thanks for your concern. Kthxbye.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TODC07, what trim level do yo have? So you tried the steps outlined in the Owner's Manual for turning off auto door locking and it didn't work?

1. Move the shift lever to [P] with the brake pedal depressed.

2. Open the driver’s door.

3. Turn the ignition switch to ON [II].

4. Press and hold the front of the master door lock switch on the driver’s door for more than five seconds. Release the switch after you hear one click.

5. Turn the ignition switch to ACCESSORY within 20 seconds.
-->Customization is completed.

:huh:

Thank you for trying to assist me. I did however figure it out a few hours after I made my first post. I updated in my 2nd post.
Recap:

So um, yeah...if you read the directions and do EXACTLY what they say like open the door and NOT close it...then it works like a charm. :DD Can't imagine how stupid I've looked to my neighbors as I've tried to get this turned off. :rollingeyes:

I do sincerely appreciate you trying to help me rather than question why I was trying to accomplish this task. Thanks again!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, excuuuuusssssseeeeee me! There are actually many who do not drive with belts, and have an aversion to the doors being locked. AS I SAID... just curious. Attacked? I think not. Sorry if you thought so. BTW, I don't think that the car actually dings at you for no seat belt in accessory mode.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Setting change not working!

Trying to change auto door lock setting from 10mph to park and it doesn't work. Have tried steps exactly as outlined in owner's manual. Has anyone actually gotten this to work?

·
Registered
12 Posts
is there a way to set the doors on an EX-L to auto lock when you hit 10mph, BUT to also unlock whenever you open a door with the fob? I almost locked my son in a running car in 100° temps one day last summer. Luckily windows were open. Currently if you open a sliding door or hatch with the doors locked, they remain locked. Ideal situation is all doors unlock whey you open any door with the fob.
tia

·
Registered
687 Posts
You can change your key fob so that you have to press the unlock button before you can open any of the sliding doors or back hatch. While this does require one extra button press, the advantages are that your doors will be unlocked and that you don't accidentally open one of the sliding doors with the key fob in your pocket or purse. This has happened to me as the buttons are really sensitive.

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
216 Posts
is there a way to set the doors on an EX-L to auto lock when you hit 10mph, BUT to also unlock whenever you open a door with the fob? I almost locked my son in a running car in 100° temps one day last summer. Luckily windows were open. Currently if you open a sliding door or hatch with the doors locked, they remain locked. Ideal situation is all doors unlock whey you open any door with the fob.
tia
Not quite sure I understand what you are asking. If you press and hold, for example, the left sliding door button on the remote, the left sliding door opens and the driver's door unlocks. If you press and hold the right sliding door button on the remote, the right sliding door opens and the front passenger door unlocks. If you want to unlock the back hatch or all the doors, then press the unlock button twice, but if you don't open a door within 30 seconds then everything automatically relocks. Finally, if you press and hold the unlock button twice, all the windows roll down. I don't know about the power rear hatch because I don't have one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi I just sadly retired my 13 year old odyssey for a 2010 Touring. While the new technology is fun, the locking doors are driving me crazy. My kids are older now and do not need a locked door. How do I turn this obnoxious feature off?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts