Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 exl.
Trying to reprogram the door unlocks.

I want the car to unlock all doors when the car is in park, can't seem to get it to work. I'm following the instructions in the manual, is there a trick? Does your foot have to be on the break the entire time you hold the unlock button.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have an '08 but FWIW it took an extra "click" from what I thought it should. Let it click a couple of extra times and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too! I just spent 1/2 hour in my garage trying to figure out how to get the doors to unlock when I put it into park. I've tried every combo of holding down the brake, starting from off, starting from on, holding the unlock button for a whole minute etc. I never heard an extra click. There has to be some sort of trick I'm missing. And it is v. annoying that all the other doors stay locked when I put it in park, I really want to change it. Help!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I followed the flow chart / diagram in the manual and it took me 3 attempts to get it right (I went for the key off mode).

The manual says to wait for 2-clicks and I finally figured out that the first click was when I repressed the button - not 2-clicks initiated by the car. :rollingeyes: Maybe that is helpful?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts