Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have had our EX-L RES for over a week and I couldn't go any longer w/o the fog light kit. I think it completes the look of the van with the fog lights so this past weekend I tackled installation of the OEM fog light kit. Overall installation was a breeze. Tough part was getting the bumper off the clips holding it in.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
489 Posts
1tugt, try re-upload the pictures. and how long it took you from Start to Finished?

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1tugt, try re-upload the pictures. and how long it took you from Start to Finished?

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
What do you mean re-uploading pictures? Overall it took me about 2 1/2 hrs while keeping a eye on a 7 mo old in the garage.

I think it can be done in 1 1/2 hrs since the hard part is getting all the clips / bolts off to get the bumper off. Then from there it's a breeze of routing the harness along one of the harness on the front frame and zip tie. The LX does require a different light switch than what comes in the kit since LX doesn't have auto headlamps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What do you mean re-uploading pictures? Overall it took me about 2 1/2 hrs while keeping a eye on a 7 mo old in the garage.

I think it can be done in 1 1/2 hrs since the hard part is getting all the clips / bolts off to get the bumper off. Then from there it's a breeze of routing the harness along one of the harness on the front frame and zip tie. The LX does require a different light switch than what comes in the kit since LX doesn't have auto headlamps.
Your pics you posted are not showing up

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
489 Posts

Thumbs up~!! (for pic above)~It does looks alot better on appearance.

Hey 2-1/2hrs is not bad. Compare to my kids, always prolong my projects time.
"What you doing dad?" "What is this dad?" "Can I borrow this for an moment for my toys?" "Are you done yet?" ect....LOL

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thumbs up~!! (for pic above)~It does looks alot better on appearance.

Hey 2-1/2hrs is not bad. Compare to my kids, always prolong my projects time.
"What you doing dad?" "What is this dad?" "Can I borrow this for an moment for my toys?" "Are you done yet?" ect....LOL
LOL, if my 3 yr was with me it wouldn't of gotten done.

·
Registered
73 Posts
LOL, if my 3 yr was with me it wouldn't of gotten done.
yea 5 month old and 4 year old here....i was messing with headlights the other night in garage and my son (4 year old) threw a couple of my black plastic clips down in the engine compartment!! luckly they fell out haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not to thread jack, but the passenger fog light on our two week old Ody TE is busted. Will the replacement require taking off the bumper?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
489 Posts
If I remember correctly, you need to remove two or three under the wheel well (on bumper side). And peel open the black panel, you should see fog light housing and able remove & replace the bulb.

Not to thread jack, but the passenger fog light on our two week old Ody TE is busted. Will the replacement require taking off the bumper?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's actually not the bulb but the lens from a kicked up rock.
Yes the bumper will need to be removed to remove the fog light since there is a screw that actually holds it into place along with the clip

A suggestion if you do tackle this job is remove the two screws holding the mud flap to the front bumper and pull it back to access the fog light connector and disconnect them before you proceed to removing the bumper to prevent stretching the wires if the bumper falls.

Since you said its only 2 weeks old I would see if you an get it replaced under warranty. It's worth a try.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi 1tufgt,

I finally got the kit from US, and probably install them myself this week some time. Just wondering, do I need to jack the front of the car to get clearance for bumper removal? Or is it okay to work with it on the flat ground?
Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well my driveway slants upwards therefore I just parked it at the apex of the driveway which allowed me to do it without jacking the front up. If your able to get to all the screwed / clips under the front bumper then you don't need to.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi OP,
it has been a while but I want to do this mod and have some question for you. First, I want to put a HID KIT for the fog light. Do you think the oem housing will hold up well with the heat from the hid bulbs?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts