Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys I am a Honda Odyssey newbe, I got a 2013 EX-L and I want to add fog lights, (I will be ordering all weather floor mats, cargo mat and 2nd and 3er seat covers) I went to couple of sites and got confused. My question is: Will I lose my auto-lamp feature when ordering the kit? I seen that it comes with a "no auto lights" switch. Also a saw another kit that comes with a push button switch. I emailed the guys from College Hills Honda, hopefully I will get a good answer before ordering the kit.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The OEM foglight kit comes with a new stalk that has the AUTO lights feature, or at least mine did. I just added fogs to my EX-L this past weekend. Not particularly a PITA, but you will need an extra set of hands to help you remove and hold onto the bumper.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Why don't you guys just watch the videos I posted up? You'll find your answer during the install.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I really like the look of the foglights but find the actual function to not be worth the price. If they were driving lights (threw light for a far distance) I would buy them today. I have looked at driving lights and dont think any aftermarket kits will look anywhere as good as these. I wish that Honda made these lights with a beam pattern for driving lights. Oh well.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If they were meant to be driving lights, they had to be mounted higher up to where the grille is. Fog lights are where they are so that the beam of light can cut through the fog better. Why not just get a bull bar and put some driving lights on those?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've seen plenty of driving lights installed down low, aimed correctly it doesn't matter. Sure you might them do it differently in the baja trucks but there are plenty of cases where cars from the manufacturer come with driving lights installed down lower.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Nice...i've been holding off on this. how long did this take you and how difficult? i'm not super handy but but those videos it doesn't look that bad. could be wrong. Thanks
I actually decided to have the dealer install these just to have some warranty on the install in case i screw up, but really doesn't look too bad of an install maybe just time consuming. Only thing i did was the yellow lamin-x install

21 - 33 of 33 Posts