Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
We are currently working with our dealer and Honda to resolve an issue with the paint, we have personally inspected 3 different Odysseys that all had what appears to be "zits" on the paint. They are larger than sand yet smaller than a pebble...mostly on the roof, does anyone else have these on their car, they seem to be isolated to Dec 2011/January 2012 production dates...thank you for your input!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hello,
We are currently working with our dealer and Honda to resolve an issue with the paint, we have personally inspected 3 different Odysseys that all had what appears to be "zits" on the paint. They are larger than sand yet smaller than a pebble...mostly on the roof, does anyone else have these on their car, they seem to be isolated to Dec 2011/January 2012 production dates...thank you for your input!
Yes we have a couple on our roof that I'm just going to fill in with touch-up paint. Unless you're up on a stool or ladder they are not noticeable. The other 12 Ody we considered had a similar zit in one of the side doors, more noticeable than ours on the roof but still not terribly bad.

Personally I'd rather just touch-up the roof than have it repainted. If I had bought the one with the zit on the door I might have had more trouble living with it since it was more noticeable, so this was one of the reasons we took home the particular van that we did (with the zits on the roof).

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 2012 Ody (built in Dec '11) have one zit on a roof right in front of antenna. I noticed it when washing a van after a month I took a delivery. My first thought was that something got stuck to the roof and it was painted over. Because it's not visible unless you take a ladder, it doesn't bother me and i'll leave it along.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had 3-4 spots on my 2012 touring elite. It was located on the rear passenger side bumper. Took it to the dealer and they replaced it with another bumper.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Happened on my 2011 as well but on the side bumper. A few zits that we had to fight with the dealership who said we're being picky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts