Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

New here. New 2012 Odyssey LX.

Is this vehicle equipped with an alarm? I own, and owned multiple Hondas, however this is the first one that doesnt seem to have a security system.

Thanks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi forum,

New here. New 2012 Odyssey LX.

Is this vehicle equipped with an alarm? I own, and owned multiple Hondas, however this is the first one that doesnt seem to have a security system.

Thanks.
1st Welcome to Odyclub~! I also brougth a '12 LX , mine came pre-wire KARR brand alarm.
Dealer wanted $600,,,,(hahahah) I skip it the deal. But it did came with Factory Keyless entry.
If you didn't paid during the buy, then no alarm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st Welcome to Odyclub~! I also brougth a '12 LX , mine came pre-wire KARR brand alarm.
Dealer wanted $600,,,,(hahahah) I skip it the deal. But it did came with Factory Keyless entry.
If you didn't paid during the buy, then no alarm.

I saw your post with a photo of a Viper alarm.

Can you please post pictures of the install? And, does anyone make a wire harness kit to prevent the need to cut wires?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I just had the Viper alarm install today (took 2-1/2 hrs), can't post pictures 'till after work (tomorrow morning.)

About the harness, I did look into I can't find about it Plug & Play before buying the Viper.
Just have to tap the wires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can the OEM supplied key Dovi be retained in addition to the new alarm remote or does the new remote have to take over all actions?

·
Registered
218 Posts
^ I don't know. But can you do me a favor? Can you go to your van put key on ignition (don't start it) then pound your steering wheel? Tell me what happens? I'll tell you what I mean when you respond to this post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think they charge some extra money if you want a security system in your car.So if you pay that money than you must have that otherwise contact with the security company to install the security system in your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts