Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 LX - 131,000 miles

I know this is a common issue but I think mine is a little unique. Feel free to link me to other threads if I missed something.

Cable snapped on passenger side sliding door motor. I replaced the cable and rebuilt the motor assembly. Have the van fully back together. I can open and close the door manually and the cable is reeling smoothly, no binding.

Problem is that the van is completely non-responsive when I push a button to electronically open the door, whether dash, at door or on key fob. The motor is not even attempting to open or close the door. I have pulled battery terminal, pulled fuses and followed all homing procedures that I can find. When I close the door, the indicator on the dash turns on, showing the door as closed. However, if the power door switch is "on", I get the continuous beeping while in gear.

Base on the beeping when power doors are "on", I think the door is not fully closed, hence the door cannot reset. However there are no terminals to clean and I cannot figure how to get the door to register as closed.

I guess another possibility is that I somehow disconnected power to the motor when rebuilding it, although I don't remember ever touching that.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Try to have access to electrical schematic if possible or just analyze the harness...
Try to move the door by external low amp supply at end point

·
Registered
13 Posts
You say "beeping while in gear". Do you mean you are not in "Park" and trying one of the auto close/open methods. If that is the case, then it is operating normally.

Is it a continuous non stop buzz or a continuous repeating beep-beep?

Below is from Power Sliding door description page 12:

Continuous Tone-Buzzer sounds a solid, continuous tone until the condition causing the warning is eliminated. This tone applies during
the following conditions:
The door is not fully closed, the vehicle is not stopped, and the shift lever is out of P with the foot brake or parking brake OFF.
The door is not fully closed and the vehicle speed (VSP) or wheel speed (VSPWHEEL) is not zero.
Unintentional Slide Prevention is active (electromagnetic clutch is on).
Continuous Beep-Buzzer sounds for 500 ms and then is off for 250 ms, and continuously repeats until the condition causing the
warning is eliminated. This tone applies during the following conditions:
The door is closing while the vehicle speed (VSP) or wheel speed (VSPWHEEL) is not zero.
The door is closing while the shift lever is out of P with the foot brake and parking brake OFF.
when power sliding door keyless open mode has been customized to "ANYTIME" (without multi-information display)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You say "beeping while in gear". Do you mean you are not in "Park" and trying one of the auto close/open methods. If that is the case, then it is operating normally.

Is it a continuous non stop buzz or a continuous repeating beep-beep?
I should have been clearer - It is a continuous tone, not an interrupted beep. I am not trying to open/close while not in park. Both doors already fully closed and there is no "door ajar" indicator illuminated on the dash. It starts as soon as I put the car in gear (R or D) and take my foot off the brake. This is why I think there may be another switch telling the van that the doors are not closed, other than the plunger switch at the door. Is there maybe a limit switch on the motor position?

I appreciate your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Mr. TugTug
I have not yet found the electrical schematic, but an external power supply is a good idea. I will try that - Note, I am traveling and will not be able to try until first of Oct - will update you then.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever find out why the doors wouldn't work with the controls? I having a similar issue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
did you disconnect the battery?
I read somewhere disconnecting the battery with both doors closed, can solve issues with the doors.

·
Registered
188 Posts
2012 LX - 131,000 miles

I know this is a common issue but I think mine is a little unique. Feel free to link me to other threads if I missed something.

Cable snapped on passenger side sliding door motor. I replaced the cable and rebuilt the motor assembly. Have the van fully back together. I can open and close the door manually and the cable is reeling smoothly, no binding.

Problem is that the van is completely non-responsive when I push a button to electronically open the door, whether dash, at door or on key fob. The motor is not even attempting to open or close the door. I have pulled battery terminal, pulled fuses and followed all homing procedures that I can find. When I close the door, the indicator on the dash turns on, showing the door as closed. However, if the power door switch is "on", I get the continuous beeping while in gear.

Base on the beeping when power doors are "on", I think the door is not fully closed, hence the door cannot reset. However there are no terminals to clean and I cannot figure how to get the door to register as closed.

I guess another possibility is that I somehow disconnected power to the motor when rebuilding it, although I don't remember ever touching that.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.
recent thread on the topic, maybe some pointers in there for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did you disconnect the battery?
I read somewhere disconnecting the battery with both doors closed, can solve issues with the doors.

That'exactly what I did and came to the solution that you suggest as when I was trying before the sliding doors nor the hatch which were all open wouldn't close. Come to find out they need to go back to "Home" with the battery disconnected and reconnected. Thank you for trying to help.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That'exactly what I did and came to the solution that you suggest as when I was trying before the sliding doors nor the hatch which were all open wouldn't close. Come to find out they need to go back to "Home" with the battery disconnected and reconnected. Thank you for trying to help.
so still no luck then?

what cable did you use to replace? oem or a mock up that was closest?
I wonder if there is too much resistance and the motor / sensor thinks there is a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts