Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i was replacing HID lamp on the passanger side. to do this i had to take the oil container off the hook and just move it to the side. after changing i forgot to put the oil back in its straight position. after driving for 2 mins i realized i may have forgot to put it back. All the oil from the container spilled inside on the motor and below the belt. Is this something serious i should take the car to the dealership for or will the oil just dry off. this is a brand new minivan with only 300 miles.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You've got 2 different threads going.

Is it brake or steering fluid??

My understanding that BRAKE fluid is BAD BAD BAD, on our 1990 Acura Integra brake fluid was splashed on the hood of our car soon after we bought it. It was like an acid reaction on the paint. Went throught it.

I don't know about steering fluid but it can't be good.

I would take action immediately. I wouldn't want brake fluid on seals and harnesses and stuff.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. its the Steering fluid. i took it to a mechanic and he said its not big deal at all and to just fill up the steering fluid. he said i didnt have to take to the dealership either.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
True, no worries, just refill reservoir. The power steering fluid is a bear to clean up, though. Also, it's a real dirt and dust magnet.

OF

·
Registered
112 Posts
The question is why did you have to replace the HID bulb @ only 300 miles???:huh: These bulbs last a long time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts