Honda Odyssey Forum banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Those failures can also cascade - one source of shake will wear out other nearby components, leaving problems remaining when the first thing is fixed.

I would generally agree though - this was an unreported 'incident' with the van...

There was a recent thread on here about a similar situation - that one was a damaged subframe stiffener from a (previously) unreported parking lot incident...

-Charlie

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
@phattyduck
Makes sense... Whats odd is there was no immediate issue or symptoms except a minor vibration at 65-70, that seemed to creep up gradually.
Possibly from the bent rim on the drivers side, compounded by the axle.
Sheesh... Glad its sorted!

BTW, I ordered a new 18" 5 spoke rim from the wrecker, for now the bent one its on the back.

Thanks again for the input.

cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well, I'm holding out for the response! Same issue on my 2011 Touring, haven't gotten underneath to check the axles yet, but that vibration is present throughout many speeds. Yokohamas are less than a year old, rotated/balanced religiously. Hope your issue is easily found!
@cmac212 did you solve your vibration issue?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Yeah when I replaced my lower control arms for the bushing the side benefit is they come with a new ball joint! Glad to hear you finally got it resolved. Did you get it realigned after the LCA work? I’ve had to realign each time they were replaced. BTW I installed Rock Auto LCAs with lifetime warranty. Right side bushing broke so replaced it at same time I did my axles (OEM axles). Replacement cost $15 for shipping!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yeah when I replaced my lower control arms for the bushing the side benefit is they come with a new ball joint! Glad to hear you finally got it resolved. Did you get it realigned after the LCA work? I’ve had to realign each time they were replaced. BTW I installed Rock Auto LCAs with lifetime warranty. Right side bushing broke so replaced it at same time I did my axles (OEM axles). Replacement cost $15 for shipping!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@jnissen
Yes, the steering wheel was off when we changed the LCA.
Went in today to replace the RCA, as I like to do ball joints in pairs so they are in sync.
After we pulled the control arm, the original RCA was on its way out, flopping around, instead of stiff to move it.
Rock auto is great, I use them for part number references, but I cant use them here in Canada, because the customs charges offset their good prices.
I have a couple of local jobbers who sell to me at garage prices, and are reasonable when it comes to returns and defective parts.

BTW, My favorite garage did another alignment free of charge with the RCA, rear control arm bolts were seized so he could not align the back 100%
Everything alignment wise is now in the green.

Cheers

61 - 65 of 65 Posts