Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. After looking for a long time for some optional 19" MDX rims from the 2007 era (now impossible to find), looking at the Camaro wheel option, and some other aftermarket stuff, I finally decided to get some of these wheels for the Odyssey since I haven't seen anyone post these yet. They fit perfect, bolt right on with no adapters. No rubbing and the ride quality isn't perceptively worse than before. They are the factory continentals that come on the pilot... not sure exactly. But they are 255/50/20 i believe. They do require a TPMS reset, but my dealer did it for free. Here are a few pictures.

cheers,
dave

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
That looks amazing! There is the wheel and tire package that should have been stock on the Touring. Makes the 18's look small and the 17's are just a joke.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks pretty sweet, good call!

·
Registered
86 Posts
looks really good!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Looks great. When I was at the dealer buying the Odyssey, I was wondering how the new pilot wheels would look on it. Good choice for an oem upgrade!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm a big fan of Honda/Acura OEM rim upgrades. Those 20s look great! Were they dealer take offs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
That looks amazing!! I'm I. The same boat and really prefer staying with wheels that look like they may have been stock w the vehicle.... Have you noticed any speedo differential going up in wheel size yet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll try to snap a few more pics when i have time. A few things to update this post though...

1. The TPMS sensors on the 2016 pilot are NOT compatible with the 2012 odyssey. Neither are the valve stems. So it was a $300 trip to the dealer (parts and labor) to swap those out and get everything programmed.
2. I'm sure the speedo is off by 1-2 MPH max (i think the correct "+2" sizing is 255/45), but it is honestly hard to speed in the odyssey, so i don't really care either way.
3. Yes, they were dealer take-offs.

At the end of the day, I'm happy with everything even though it was a little more due to the TPMS stuff. I think just these Conti 20" tires would have cost $1200-1300.

cheers,
dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have some 2016 Pilot take-offs for my 2012 Odyssey.
What did the dealer come up with for TPMS? Did you just buy new ones "correct" for the 2012 Odyssey?

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
36 Participants
mr809
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing