Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded my 06 in for a 2012 touring and having issue with dvd. In my 06 when you turned the car off and turned back on the DVD would start back in the same place. On my 12 it restarts the movie from the start (previews and everything) every time we turn the car back on. This is very frustrating for me and the kids. Is there anyway to change this feature or am I just out of luck?:frown:

·
Registered
3 Posts
having the same issue. DVD re-starts from beginning of the movie after turning car off then back on. Can anyone else confirm if their dvd continues to play from the prior point? Just checking to see if I need to take the Odyssey in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are having the same issue, just bought a 2012 TE and the DVD restarts, very disappointing.

Found this thread searching Google for the issue hoping it was a simple setting or something.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I just tested this using our DVD for the movie tangled. Fast forwarded 2 minutes into it. Took the key out. Waited a minute put key back in and it resumed where I left off.

Jharrel you don't have a white diamond pearl TE do you?

I wanted to get some side by side pix with our taffeta white. We live in north Clearwater so real close.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just tested this using our DVD for the movie tangled. Fast forwarded 2 minutes into it. Took the key out. Waited a minute put key back in and it resumed where I left off.

Jharrel you don't have a white diamond pearl TE do you?

I wanted to get some side by side pix with our taffeta white. We live in north Clearwater so real close.
No we got the silver with truffle interior, almost bought a white touring instead, really liked the white, but the interior on the silver really did it for us ;).

Now I just got to figure out why the DVD won't resume although not something you should really have "figure out".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took mine back in after a week and told them I wanted fixed. They said it was a defected DVD player and have ordered a new one. I know another one sold last week had the same problem. I have the 2012 touring and they game me and 2012 EX to drive while it is being fixed and it works perfect. They are installing a new one tomorrow..hope it works. Do you both have touring to touring elites?

·
Registered
88 Posts
FWIW, my 2011 EX RES starts where it left off, but it sounds like you are getting the issue resolved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took mine back in after a week and told them I wanted fixed. They said it was a defected DVD player and have ordered a new one. I know another one sold last week had the same problem. I have the 2012 touring and they game me and 2012 EX to drive while it is being fixed and it works perfect. They are installing a new one tomorrow..hope it works. Do you both have touring to touring elites?
Thanks HM, let us know how it goes when you get it back, guess we will have to take ours in also. We have a 2012 TE w/ White Diamond Pearl. Looks like this is an issue with the 2012 models?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2012 Touring, same problem, DVD starts from the beginning each power cycle. Sounds like we aren't the only ones with the problem, was hoping it was a software switch somewhere....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just got my van back on Friday and they put the new DVD in and it works perfect. This is a problem all of the country. I would call and have them order you a new DVD player.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for the update! I was really hoping there was another fix. Did the dealer acknowledge the problem? Anyone else with similar problem solution? Only issue so far with our 2012 Touring.

·
Registered
53 Posts
is it as simple as just asking them to order one? also how long did it take for them to install the dvd player?
i am asking since the dealer isnt exactly close to me and Honda doesnt have loaner cars.

i just picked up a 12 touring and i took my key out and the started it up again and the dvd played from the begining.

·
Registered
53 Posts
another thought is i am not sure i want these honda techs ripping up my car for this as it seems like a big job. how was your replacement in terms of quality of work?

i want to know if you had scratches and more importantly and creaks or noises after? or did it look brand new as if they never even touched it

·
Registered
687 Posts
This must be an issue with the 2012 models. In the 2011, the DVD resumes from where you last left off.

Good luck getting your DVD systems fixed.

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my van back on Friday and they put the new DVD in and it works perfect. This is a problem all of the country. I would call and have them order you a new DVD player.
Thanks HM3! Guess we'll be taking ours in for a replacement DVD player. Wonder if a batch of dvd players for the initial 2012's coming out were bad?

·
Registered
687 Posts
As compensation, you should demand they install a Blu Ray player for you guys!

;)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
another thought is i am not sure i want these honda techs ripping up my car for this as it seems like a big job. how was your replacement in terms of quality of work?

i want to know if you had scratches and more importantly and creaks or noises after? or did it look brand new as if they never even touched it
For what it's worth, we had to replace our cd changer because it was making a clunking noise even if it wasn't loaded. I think the changer and DVD is one unit, but not sure. Anyways, they had to take appart some of the console. They put it back together just fine no scratches or vibration / noise.

·
Registered
687 Posts
CD changer? That must be the last generation.

:D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts