Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Looking to pull the trigger on a 2012 EX-L RES.
Reading up on the forum, I see there are debates on most accessories and add-ons about getting them during or after purchase.

So, I'm wondering, what are the things you want to buy from the original dealer? I mean, what is best bought at that time?

I'm considering the following accessories:
- All weather mats
- Splash gurard
- Cargo tray
- Debating whether I need Fog lights or not.

I might also shop around for an extended warranty at a later date. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My thinking is that things that require no installation time such as the all-weather mats, cargo trays, splash guards, etc should only be bought at time of purchase if you can get them down to what you can buy them for online (incl. shipping costs of course), or, if you want to/need to roll into your financing. Additionally, I'd also try to see what you can get them to throw in a no-charge, such as wheel locks, etc....

For more complicated installations, in my mind it is all about the time vs. money equation. Although I could do the install on the towing package and fogs myself, I chose to have the dealer install the towing package because I didn't feel like spending a day working on it, plus they sold me the parts for about what I could have bought them for online, and they negotiated the labor time/rate as part of the vehicle purchase. I'm still debating doing fogs myself.

Edit: Re: Extended warranty, check out the warranty section as there are a couple of places where people are getting the best prices. Honda Care Vehicle Service Contract from Saccucci Honda is one such example. You can buy the new-car warranties as long as you have < 6K miles on the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ya I agree with mud guards and cargo tray.
We also got the factory towing. Not really planning to tow much, more for tow hitch bike rack.

Fogs, that's just a looks thing, doesn't really light the road in a usefull way.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I live in the foggiest city in Canada. I've had fog lights on some of my odysseys. Don't have them on my current EXLRes. Can't say I ever felt they were of any use. Save your money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts