Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I am a new owner of a 2012 TE and a first time user with any navigation. I have seen lots of positive reviews regarding the navigation system, however, I am a little frustrated with the voice command function. I have searched this site to help me solve my problem.

When I use voice command to start a destination search for 'place name' the system asks me to spell the destination and every time I have to push the voice command button.

For instance, if I wanted to go to "Hair concepts salon" I have to push the button 17 times and say "H" then push button, Say "A" then push button and so forth. This is absolutely maddening. I have seen a youtube for the pilot navi and the owner pushes the button once and spells the word with one breath.

Is there a problem with this system or am I just doing it incorrectly?

Please help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello All,
I am a new owner of a 2012 TE and a first time user with any navigation. I have seen lots of positive reviews regarding the navigation system, however, I am a little frustrated with the voice command function. I have searched this site to help me solve my problem.

When I use voice command to start a destination search for 'place name' the system asks me to spell the destination and every time I have to push the voice command button.

For instance, if I wanted to go to "Hair concepts salon" I have to push the button 17 times and say "H" then push button, Say "A" then push button and so forth. This is absolutely maddening. I have seen a youtube for the pilot navi and the owner pushes the button once and spells the word with one breath.

Is there a problem with this system or am I just doing it incorrectly?

Please help.
I thought the same, but you do not really have to spell it out one letter at a time. I think they want you to spell it out if it is a number or an abreviation. e.g. TGIF.

But for business names, you can hit the button once, say the entire name, and let it do its thing. Just try it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our voice commands do not operate like that, wish it would When trying to find a business it lists businesses hundreds of miles away navigation tells me I'm on a road that I'm not on. Very few voice commands actually work. the most annoying thing or one of the most annoying things is there is not one place here in ND that Ive put in that it doesn't come up with the warning your route is taking you into unverified territory please use additional caution when driving in these areas, on and on and on! really? These roads have been here long before GPS! If the GPS cant find a place I know is here how can I trust it when I don't know the area? So far absolutely useless!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts