Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just bought my 4th set of tires for my 2012 Touring Elite after 79k miles. The first two sets were the OEM Michelins, the third set were Pirellis, and the current set are Yokohamas. Each set has lasted between 22-26K. The van is aligned each year and tires rotates every 5k miles. Very interesting stuff. The only good news is that discount tires prorates/ honors the mfr's mileage warranty which ends up costing me around $350 per set.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a neighbor with a '15 Sienna that does the same thing, and they've been getting pro-rated replacement tires at about the same price every 30k or so. Hey, a new set of high quality tires for $350, sign me up! It's a pain in the butt to keep them balanced and rotated and having to replace, I get it but still.

Which Yokohamas, the Avid Ascends or? My Ascends on my '07 Avalon are at 39k and will be replaced before Winter sets in.

Good luck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
60k warranty and you're only pulling 25k on the tires; wow! Of course my Avid Ascends are supposed to be 65k and I'm going to have to replace at 40k on my Avalon, but I kind of expect that...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ran into the same issue with my old Odyssey going thru tires every 25k to 30k miles. On my 2013 Odyssey I changed out the oem tires again at approx 27k. Installed a set of LT tires and now have approx 65k on them . You may want to try a set of LT tire. They will handle the weight of Ody better than a car tire. I used "Bridgestone dueler h/l Alenza plus" and they do give a firmer ride but are lasting alot longer.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Michelin’s shot on my 2017 SE at 20k miles. Stock Yokohama tires were done for at 30k on my Mazda CX-5.

Knock on wood, my Goodyear Assurance ComforTreds are doing very well on both vehicles. 40k on my CX5 with lots of life left (80k mile tire, half the tread left!), 7k on my Odyssey and the tread is plenty deep still.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A buddy of mine recommended the same thing. I think I'll try the LT tires on my next set...probably after another 20K 😀

Ran into the same issue with my old Odyssey going thru tires every 25k to 30k miles. On my 2013 Odyssey I changed out the oem tires again at approx 27k. Installed a set of LT tires and now have approx 65k on them . You may want to try a set of LT tire. They will handle the weight of Ody better than a car tire. I used "Bridgestone dueler h/l Alenza plus" and they do give a firmer ride but are lasting alot longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
v-rog
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing