Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I’m trying to figure out how to get the head lamp out of the low beam in the passenger side. I bought this odyssey used, and it has an owners manual, and I’ve read the part about the lamp change. I’ve removed the power steering reservoir clip, and the washer fluid clip. I am not seeing the bulb plug in. There is a bulb type holder but it is above where the low beam looks like it would be. It has an adjustment knob on it.... I’m wondering if these are after market head lamps? There is a warning sticker on the back of the low beam housing that warns of high voltage.
I have worked on cars my whole life, worked in an auto body shop for years, and I’ve never had this much trouble with a head lamp....
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Touring Elite headlamps are HIDs. The igniter/ballast is inside the headlight, so there will not be an external plug right behind the 'bulb'. The plug that powers the low beams plugs in on the bottom of the headlight housing, but you shouldn't need to mess with that.

You should be able to unscrew the cover that has the high voltage warning on it to get the but back of the bulb and its harness, etc.

-Charlie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts