Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radio LCD screen in my 2012 Touring Elite is almost no existent when the car gets warmed up. If it's cold it looks great. All other features work(Nav, DVD, CD, HDD, etc.). This makes it very hard to navigate the system however and just plain looks bad. Is there a way to just replace the LCD screen or a fix anyone knows about?

This is a pic of it cold.

Plant Light Automotive lighting Green Vehicle

I'll post a warm pic when I can. Any thoughts??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The radio LCD screen in my 2012 Touring Elite is almost no existent when the car gets warmed up. If it's cold it looks great. All other features work(Nav, DVD, CD, HDD, etc.). This makes it very hard to navigate the system however and just plain looks bad. Is there a way to just replace the LCD screen or a fix anyone knows about?

This is a pic of it cold.

View attachment 166388

I'll post a warm pic when I can. Any thoughts??
Here is what it look like warm…please help. Thank you!

Plant Car Blue Vehicle Audio equipment

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,697 Posts
The only thing I can think would be to try to re-seat the LCD connector inside the radio. You (or somebody you know) would have to be comfortable opening up electronics assemblies to try this.

This video has a good walkthrough for getting the radio out of the dash:

But opening up the radio itself would be up to you...

-Charlie

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's bad idea.
And after, if you can't allign them anymore..
Scrambled display or totally no display.

This could happened if you losing supply to program ic. Dried capacitor, not stable power regulation and change values of resistance can result on partial short. Should be done in electronics repair shop.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Both of the center displays in my 2011 touring elite are not that bad but but still difficult to read in the daytime, especially with sun glasses on. Is there any way to brighten the daytime displays, increase contrast, or change the color of the display to somethng lighter that would have more contrast?

·
Registered
84 Posts
First, share some pictures.

It can be done by actual components replacement ,
Shunt variable resistance and capacitance can be replaced to achieve the desired contrast of the display.

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,697 Posts
It can be done by actual components replacement ,
Shunt variable resistance and capacitance can be replaced to achieve the desired contrast of the display.
The mostly likely problem here is a bad connection on the LCD. That's free to try before taking it to a (very hard to find) electronics repair shop - that would likely charge just as much as a replacement unit on eBay (though that new unit would have to be married to the ECU at some cost).

-Charlie

·
Registered
2016 Touring Elite
2,697 Posts
especially with sun glasses on.
Polarized glasses? If so, you can't fix it - polarized glasses and polarized LCDs don't mix well. It gets even more fun on more modern cars with full TFT gauge clusters.

-Charlie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both of the center displays in my 2011 touring elite are not that bad but but still difficult to read in the daytime, especially with sun glasses on. Is there any way to brighten the daytime displays, increase contrast, or change the color of the display to somethng lighter that would have more contrast?
I have the display setting all the way yes. It definitely is because of heat and cold. The HVAC display is perfect. This is strictly the radio display. I have thought about taking it out to see what I can get at. I will post pics if I do.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Polarized glasses? If so, you can't fix it - polarized glasses and polarized LCDs don't mix well. It gets even more fun on more modern cars with full TFT gauge clusters.

-Charlie
Some polarized and some not. They are not specifically "blue blockers" but that may be involved, too. I did turn up the brightness to full bright and was hoping there was some other change I had not found yet. Guess I just have to live with it, then, as it does not seem worth taking the console apart and perhaps inflicting more serious damage. "If it ain't broke, ect." It ain't actually broke, just annoying. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts