Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2013 EX-L and looking to see what people go back with when replacing tires. I presently have the Michelin Primacy MVX4 with 56000miles. Looked back at them and then just see pricey. Also have gotten pretty loud over time. I have read some people saying that instead they go back with a Crossover/SUV tire. Interested in seeing what people use and if it changes the appearance of the vehicle at all. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I used to run thru a lot of tires (just retired from 40,000 miles a year for 30 years). I've experimented with others but always come back to Michelin. I used to tell my father who bought crummy tires.... do you want a $50.00 ride or a $100 ride. (tires were cheaper back then!)

·
Registered
238 Posts
On my 2006 I liked Yokohama Avid ascends, and I really like the Continental Contiprocontacts that came on my 2015 EXL. I'm looking at Continentals when it comes time for new tires. I also found the original Michelins MXV-4s on my 2006 to be noisy, especially with droning on the highway. Pez.

·
Registered
12 Posts
When my 2013 needed new shoes I went with some Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's. Seem to be quiet enough and good in the rain/snow here in IA. They boast an 80k mileage warranty but we'll see on that...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've haduck with Yokohama avid as well. This round I bought an off brand from discount tire and they have been "ok" and I should get 40-50k miles out of them with still tread above wear markers. They were on sale for (in guessing here be I don't have receipt in front of me) lime $80 a tire for the 18" ones. Was far cheaper than anything else so I figured it was worth a try and discount tire offered to swap them out if we didn't like. Do well in rain and ok in snow. At least as good as own michelins after 10k miles of wear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. How do you like the Bridgestones so far? Do they deliver good traction in the snow? Do you notice if they were a louder tire since they are meant for light SUVs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When my 2013 needed new shoes I went with some Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza's. Seem to be quiet enough and good in the rain/snow here in IA. They boast an 80k mileage warranty but we'll see on that...
Hi. How do you like the Bridgestones so far? Do they deliver good traction in the snow? Do you notice if they were a louder tire since they are meant for light SUVs?

·
Registered
561 Posts
While having a warranty repair performed on our 2015 EX, I was loaned a new 2016 EX-L with Continental Contiprocontact tires. Without paying specific attention to them, I immediately noticed that they are significantly noisier than the Michelin Primacys on our 2015 EX.

I find the Primacy's wet weather performance excellent, especially in heavy rain with standing water. However, they are pricey. If I had to replace them today, I'd consider either the Michelin Defender or the Premier LTX

·
Registered
196 Posts
My 2 cents on the disappointment of ContiContactPro tires that came OEM on my 2011 EX-L. We drive mostly local with intermittent highway here in northern NJ. Some periodic NYC driving. Some long distance trips. At 27,000 miles, there was a lot of dry rot on the tires, all of them. Replaced with Goodyear Assurance ComforTred. As I went through diagnosing steering wheel shake (caused by deformities due to the dry rot) and researching new tires, here are my comments from other threads about this topic here, here, and here.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I specifically remember taking out a 2015 on my first test drive, and the salesman saying it was good that the van I was testing had the Michelins because they were so much better than the OEM Continentals, and that they had so many complaints about them. Fast forward 18 months/24,000 miles later and the Michelins were all down to the wear bars, even with 5,000 mile rotations. I just replaced them with General RT43s, and they are feeling very good for now. I was disappointed at how quickly those "premium" tires wore out.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just installed Continental TrueContact tires and what a difference from the ProContact (factory). Van is much quieter and the ride is smooth. Car also feels great in the rain.

2000 miles so far, 90k warranty on these o believe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed Continental TrueContact tires and what a difference from the ProContact (factory). Van is much quieter and the ride is smooth. Car also feels great in the rain.

3 Years later, how did they do??

·
Registered
3 Posts

Not sure if you are willing to try lesser known brand such as Nexen? I just replaced Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia ($185/tire) with Nexen N5000 Plus ($115-$125/tire) nobody rode in the van can tell the difference. Same smoothness, quietness, steering feedback is definitely better than 422 Ecopia. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/modalbox_perfcatdefinition.jsp?perfCat=CSTAS
How did they hold up??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using General Altimax RT43 on my 2008 Oddy EX and my 2004 Lexus LS430. Reasonably priced, almost as good as a dedicated Winter tire on ice and hard-pack snow. Have 35000 miles on them and have 8/32 remaining.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just throw a cheap o tire on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just throw a cheap o tire on.

Aren't those branded Maypops or something similar?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have been using General Altimax RT43 on my 2008 Oddy EX and my 2004 Lexus LS430. Reasonably priced, almost as good as a dedicated Winter tire on ice and hard-pack snow. Have 35000 miles on them and have 8/32 remaining.
Wow, 35K and only used 2/23 of rubber! Those start at 10/32.
I'm kinda shocked at how fast my MXV4's are wearing. 10/32 new. 1year and 20,000 miles later I'm at 6/32. Disappointing!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts