Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well, I've started the tire selection process, which I don't usually do. I'm tired of paying too much and getting too little at the tire store. Using Tire Rack to select candidates and get a ballpark price, I came up with a handful. l started at Sam's Club but they were jammed so I went to Discount Tire, where I ran into a knowledgeable salesman and got prices on several candidates which pretty much matched my initial guesses except where he would be lower because of sales/kickbacks, etc. I learned a lot there and liked the place, so chances are that's where I'm taking it but I do have to check at my traditional tire shop which also does my mechanical work on vehicles out of factory warranty to see what they can offer, plus I do need to check with Sam's too which has a lot of benefits for members buying tires.
The candidates, in no particular order, so far are; BFG Advantage T/A Sport LT, about $740 (prices are out the door with the usual perks), Goodyear Assurance Weatheready, $764 w/rebates, Yokohama YK-HTX, $777, Continental TrueContact Tour, $600.
Anybody see anything there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Spec sheet on General website says depth is 11. We do drive it very gently. Proper inflation, no loads, no bad roads, occasional highway with 2 occupants - 65 mph. Driving here in northern IL, what is amazing is the short stopping distance on ice and hard pack snow. If you do buy these, get the T speed rating 118 mph- best price. Speed rating H also offered 130 mph, but more cost and probably not needed. Also, and good advice for buying any brand tire, some are made in China. I have the Altimax RT43 on both cars, and one set was made in USA, the other set in Brazil. And watch the date of manufacture. I always verify before mounting.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts