Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

^
Tune/select dial not working (large one at bottom). Ideas on what issue might be? Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dial rotates, but cursor on display screen does not move. Button in middle of dial, when compressed does not do anything either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try pulling out fuses B15 and B16 in the underhood fuse box to reset the radio/navigation unit. Pull the fuses, count to 10 then reinstall the fuses. Might be a software issue rather than hardware, good to try that first before freaking out. Please confirm the fuse numbers with the labels on the inside of the fuse box lid. Pulling the fuse is simpler that disconnecting battery. I have not had this problem with our 11 Odys but rebooting the unit is worth a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try pulling out fuses B15 and B16 in the underhood fuse box to reset the radio/navigation unit. Pull the fuses, count to 10 then reinstall the fuses. Might be a software issue rather than hardware, good to try that first before freaking out. Please confirm the fuse numbers with the labels on the inside of the fuse box lid. Pulling the fuse is simpler that disconnecting battery. I have not had this problem with our 11 Odys but rebooting the unit is worth a try.
Thank you. Tried resetting to no avail. Went battery route, but still no dice. Weird that all other buttons work, just not the dial...appreciate the response.

·
Registered
360 Posts
my mistake, button in middle of dial does work, just not the dial when rotated.
Ok, too bad. Since the rest of the controls in that section of the panels work and a 'hard reset' by both fuses and battery didn't work, I'd say there is a problem with that control panel. More specifically, the rotary encoder section of it (those are normally very reliable...).

Lookup the factory part number here:

Then search google for it. You should be able to find an inexpensive one for sale on eBay or car-part.com or something like that. Replacement is fairly easy - a few panels to pull but only a Phillips screwdriver (more technically a JIS cross-head driver) and maybe a panel pry tool are needed.

-Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts