Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody post a picture up the of the main relay location at, spend 3 hour trying to find it but no lucky

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
According to the service manual for my 2011 (should be the same as yours), there are two of them. Knowing from my '99, the thing commonly considered to be THE main relay is the one under the dash roughly near the brake pedal. The drawing in the manual shows the relay in the lower diagram (main relay 2), as it must be hidden.

If it is like my '99 was (probably is), you'll want to lie with your head where the driver's feet go, looking straight up. You'll see a rectangular box (brown in the '99) with about 7 medium sized wires going into one end. Relay is held with a bracket to the sheet metal near there. Tip - actually removing the relay requires removing the bracket, which is pretty tough; easier may be to pry the end of the relay so the relay can be pulled straight out of the box it is in, keeping the connector attached. When doing that, be aware that one of the wires is live 12V even with the key out, so maybe disconnect the battery or be extra careful.

If you search the '99 forum for the main relay, with my username, you may find some good info with pics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts