Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Having an issue with my 2013 Odyssey EX. The key will not come out of the ignition cylinder. The vehicle will start and drive normally. The key will move freely through all the positions in the cylinder and push in, but it will go into the "Off" position and let me remove it. This has happened with both my regular key and the valet key. The car is definitely in PARK. The wheel isn't locking if that is of any consequence. Any ideas? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Maybe the neutral safety switch? Are you sure it's in park (by that I mean that the van thinks it is in park?) - maybe try cycling the shifter and jiggling it a bit and see if it releases? (the van will hold the key in place unless it registers that it is in park)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the neutral safety switch? Are you sure it's in park (by that I mean that the van thinks it is in park?) - maybe try cycling the shifter and jiggling it a bit and see if it releases? (the van will hold the key in place unless it registers that it is in park)
Yahhh I'm confident it's in park. I jiggled the shift leer around and still nothing. So weird. Thanks for the quick reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts