Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about the rest of you, but first on my 2011, and now on my 2013 Odyssey, whenever we take long trips, my right shoulder kills me. For some reason, they made the center console storage unit too darn low. Sure you have the foldable little dinky armrests built into the chair, but I'm a big manly man. So I finally did something about it. I built my own arm rest out of wood, and upholstered it with cushioning and fabric. This armrest has four legs, 2 go into the cupholders in the back and two sit on the top end of the console just in front of the cupholders in the front.

I'm curious,has anyone else done something like this or is there an aftermarket higher center console that can be purchased?

·
Registered
7,359 Posts

Loosely translated, the angry man in the pic is saying, "This thread is worthless without pics!". Of course, my Chinese is only so-so (ah-so?), so, please post a pic of your device, FINFAN3DP. Sounds like something worth a look!

OF

·
Registered
662 Posts

Loosely translated, the angry man in the pic is saying, "This thread is worthless without pics!". Of course, my Chinese is only so-so (ah-so?), so, please post a pic of your device, FINFAN3DP. Sounds like something worth a look!

OF
This armrest has four legs, 2 go into the cupholders in the back and two sit on the top end of the console just in front of the cupholders in the front.

I am not sure I want to see it, lol

However I have been thinking about this myself. The little stick that Honda put there is too short and too thin to rest my arm comfortably.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Of course, I read that part on how he secured it fore-aft & laterally, you genius! :DD Mister, I just want to see how high it is, what the upholstery looks, etc. You know, the visual details.

Again, the people speak:

Brother, you must reveal those pics!

OF

·
Registered
2 Posts
More on this please. I have exact same issue. Any aftermarket things out there? For now I stuff a pillow in there, but it doesn't work well....

·
Registered
753 Posts
waiting

·
Registered
128 Posts
My 2012 driver armrest is somehow very worn so I bought one on ebay. Oem.
I can't seem to find info how to remove and install. Any tips?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry for the delay in putting up a pic. Here it is. As you can see, it is crude, but functional. We have used it in 3 odys so far, but not sure if it will work in the new 2018. I will find out today. Thinking about getting some leather and foam and making it nicer this time. It works great, and my wife even puts her head on it and sleeps when we are going on long trips. I only put it in the car on long trips, it's not a daily thing. Honda really should look at marketing a higher center console, especially now that the center one is not removable. thumbnail_20170729_124435.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
The arm rest is anemic to say the least. I love the new 2019 Indonesian Odyssey that has the new larger armrest. Wish we could get it here.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I like that 4-legged upholstered gig posted by BigPooch (for us guys with no other option in our older Odysseys). :cool:

OF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts