Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to unlock the van from the key fob and nothing worked. No unlock action on the doors, no sliding doors activation, no rear hatch activation, no panic alarm...nothing. Tried to unlock manually at the driver's door....nothing. Guess what? No way to open the hood either when the doors are locked. We tried every hack listed online and none worked. Called the dealer....no help. They had never heard of such a thing. Called a 2nd dealer....same response. They both suggested a locksmith. Not sure what a locksmith could do about this. After 2.5 hours of trying every trick known to man, the key fob suddenly started working again. It would unlock the doors then immediately relock them. You had to be quick but once in, all was good. Vehicle started with no problem and has continued to start ever since (4 days ago). Put a new battery in the key fob just in case and had the van battery checked at the dealership (check out ok). One other odd thing....the radio system completely reset during this episode and we had to re-enter the unlock code just as if we'd changed out the battery. Anybody else had this issue and if so, what did you do about it? Could it be a bad driver's door actuator (it was actually replaced about a year ago)? And why would it not unlock manually? Something in the security system? Electrical gremlins??

Any comments welcomed. This is our 2nd Odyssey and with this issue, it may be my last.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Tried to unlock manually at the driver's door....nothing.
You mean the key does not work? That would have been the 2nd thing I would have tried.

Personally, I only use a key. Fortunately my 2nd gen has 3 different key locations that still work!
Locksmith? Might have been able to open door with a slim-jim!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean the key does not work?

Personally, I only use a key. Fortunately my 2nd gen has 3 different key locations that still work!
Locksmith? Might have been able to open door with a slim-jim!
That is correct. The key did not work. I understand that in the 2013, the mechanism is electronically driven so a slim-jim wouldn't have worked either. I've used a key to manually lock/unlock it recently so I know that this system did work but not on the day of this error.

I've not had time to see if the system threw any codes so I guess I need to connect to the computer and see if there are any.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts