Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the code to change plugs - I did this on 2006 odyssey and recall it was about 1 hour job and not too easy (only 1 hurt knuckle) so I figure I will do this one too (I think the dealer wants over $300 for this?). I will not buy plugs from Amazon because too many people say too many sellers sell fake ones - so I looked online for replacements. I found on Rockauto that the OEM iridium plugs are about $12.50 each (about half of what Autozone / Advance Auto charges locally). However, Rockauto is selling the Ruthinium plug for only about $8 each. I thought they were supposed to be more expensive?? I am fine sticking with OEM plugs for the $12, but if the supposedly more expensive plugs that are now used by the Manufacturer are less ... would it make sense to just use them? I don't care if they last 200k vs 100k (probably will not have this for another 100k miles anyway) but is there any risk to performance by going with Ruthenium? Any opinions?

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
agreed...not sure why the OEM plugs are more...

I have the ruthenium in 3 of my vehicles, including the ody.

no issues at all, and I want to do the 200k challenge with them, have the old iridium's on hand for backup.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sometimes RockAuto has limited-time deals. I've gotten "performance" rotors for $12 a piece and some Mevotech Terrain Tough heavy duty ball joints for $8 a piece. The deals disappear without notice.

·
Registered
14,662 Posts
I have also seen the OEM plugs much cheaper on Rock Auto. Don't forget to use the discount code for the Odyclub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts