Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have 14 odyssey with 90k miles well served, last night I lost my low beam, I found that the fuse is blown out, I change it but kept blown. The rely is fine, Then I noticed the airbag light is on, I turn the engine off, But I was an unable to start it again, No dashlight on, it unable to start to give any light on the dashboard. Battery looks good. Please an hints or ideas, thank you.

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,307 Posts
Agree with battery/alternator. Something is wrong with the charging system.

How old is the battery? I'd be inclined to swap that first to see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much, The mechanic said the battery is good, I bought the van last year, I don't know how old is the battery,
jump-start the van will not help, do you think if I replace the battery that will solve the issue,
Thanks

·
Registered
2007 Odyssey EX-L
1,307 Posts
Thank you very much, The mechanic said the battery is good, I bought the van last year, I don't know how old is the battery,
jump-start the van will not help, do you think if I replace the battery that will solve the issue,
Thanks
Batteries usually need replacement every 3-5 years or so anyway. There might be a date sticker on the battery indicating when it was manufactured.

It's hard to say without actually looking at the car, but yes, I would replace the battery first to see if that solves the problem. Sometimes there are internal failures inside the battery that the mechanic isn't aware of. They are a wear item, anyway.

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey Elite
46 Posts
Like others already stated, you might want to start first with verifying again if it's the battery. My guess is your alternator failed and drained your battery. If your alternator failed or was starting to fail then it would cause your battery to quickly drain and if your battery is old, then your battery is probably on it's last leg and is dead. Regarding your inability to jump start. If your alternator is bad (assuming only your alternator is defective in the charging system), then you should still be able to start your car with a proper jump. I've seen people try to start vehicles many times and failed because either they didn't have a good clamp with the contacts on the battery or the wire gauge was too small. Try repositioning the clamps several times to find the best and most contact and try starting again. Trust me, it can make a difference. You'll want to pay attention if you notice the starter trying to engage once you do get a good jump or battery. That way you can narrow out any unlikely and coincidental starter issue/failure. Now, if your alternator is bad, then your car will only run as long as the battery that is supplying power to the car. So generally it will only run a few minutes with a good battery before it gets drained due to the alternator being defective and your car's entire electrical system running on your battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like others already stated, you might want to start first with verifying again if it's the battery. My guess is your alternator failed and drained your battery. If your alternator failed or was starting to fail then it would cause your battery to quickly drain and if your battery is old, then your battery is probably on it's last leg and is dead. Regarding your inability to jump start. If your alternator is bad (assuming only your alternator is defective in the charging system), then you should still be able to start your car with a proper jump. I've seen people try to start vehicles many times and failed because either they didn't have a good clamp with the contacts on the battery or the wire gauge was too small. Try repositioning the clamps several times to find the best and most contact and try starting again. Trust me, it can make a difference. You'll want to pay attention if you notice the starter trying to engage once you do get a good jump or battery. That way you can narrow out any unlikely and coincidental starter issue/failure. Now, if your alternator is bad, then your car will only run as long as the battery that is supplying power to the car. So generally it will only run a few minutes with a good battery before it gets drained due to the alternator being defective and your car's entire electrical system running on your battery.
Thank you, I don't think there is any issue with neither the battery nor the alternator.
the main issue that there is no dashboard lights at all, the issue started with blown low beam light fuse,
Best

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey Elite
46 Posts
Right. You mentioned no dashboard lights and the car won’t start.
Have you verified the battery and alternator, or you just ‘think’? Troubleshooting starts with verifying those things or you’ll be running around in circles.

·
Registered
2020 Odyssey Elite
46 Posts
Yes, I checked the battery and it was good,
Others recommended you to double check that. Did you double check or you going off the first tech’s diagnosis. Have you tried jump starting it again like I stated above?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Others recommended you to double check that. Did you double check or you going off the first tech’s diagnosis. Have you tried jump starting it again like I stated above?
Yes, I double-check and tried jump-start in many different ways, no luck at all,
I start thinking it might be related to one of the main fuses

1 - 12 of 12 Posts