Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had struts/strut mounts replaced. Ever since I will get a loud banging sound from the drivers side wheel when turning in either direction after a cold start. It only does this once and then no more sounds until the van sits again for several hours. Sounds like hitting a baking sheet or a spring popping. They replaced the strut mount again but this didn’t fix the problem. It’s hard to tell in the video but this can be quite loud depending on how long it’s been sitting. I can feel it slightly as well.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Just had struts/strut mounts replaced. Ever since I will get a loud banging sound from the drivers side wheel when turning in either direction after a cold start. It only does this once and then no more sounds until the van sits again for several hours. Sounds like hitting a baking sheet or a spring popping. They replaced the strut mount again but this didn’t fix the problem. It’s hard to tell in the video but this can be quite loud depending on how long it’s been sitting. I can feel it slightly as well.

were the struts complete with springs or did they transfer over your old springs?

if there is no spring seat or the spring isnt properly placed on the strut, you can hear a clunk sound like that from metal on metal.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
What brand of struts were used? So much junk out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What brand of struts were used? So much junk out there.
This is what was installed:

KYB Strut Mount Kit SM5688
KYB Excel-G Strut 3340060

The strut was then changed out with this one that didn’t fix the problem:

Monroe OESpectrum Strut 72983

I’m bringing it back tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
This is what was installed:

KYB Strut Mount Kit SM5688
KYB Excel-G Strut 3340060

The strut was then changed out with this one that didn’t fix the problem:

Monroe OESpectrum Strut 72983

I’m bringing it back tomorrow.
so they transferred the springs...

bet you a beer the rubber spring seats are on the old struts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts